News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kings The TV Series.

Started by Grey Fox, March 15, 2009, 07:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

I haven't watched the next episode. But I loved the premiere. fun stuff. Not enough swearing though.
:p

Phillip V

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 25, 2009, 12:19:22 PM
I haven't watched the next episode. But I loved the premiere. fun stuff. Not enough swearing though.
Not enough FUCKING.

Faeelin

This show is awesome, and so will be cancelled.

Queequeg

If I had a vagina, Ian McShane would make it wet. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

BuddhaRhubarb

I'm digging this show so far. cheeky... and well Ian McShane gets to speechify. needs more swearing then it would be perfect. :p
:p

Habbaku

Good show--just spent the last few hours watching all the episodes on Hulu--but I am betting it will be canceled.  I wonder if they'll even show the entire season.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

It has to air next week just so we can see Caulkin finnally show up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

I got bored post episode 3. Does nought for me.
██████
██████
██████

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Just reminds me of how much I miss Deadwood.

Phillip V

The show got a bit too cheesy with the fourth episode. Tired of David always with a crying face. Not very excited about the intrigue.

Viking

Languish gets it right AGAIN!

http://eztv.it/index.php?main=tvnews&show_news=3652

QuoteNBC is pulling freshman drama Kings from Sunday nights, yanking the struggling allegorical series after four episodes.

Kings will be replaced with another hour of Dateline, which will now run for two hours starting at 7 p.m.

Sunday's Kings episode was seen by 3.6 million viewers and received a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49. Yet Dateline had a 1.5 rating in its half hour leading into Kings. NBC suspects an expanded Dateline will provide a better lead-in for 9 p.m.'s Celebrity Apprentice, which has seen some audience erosion in recent weeks that might be attributed to Kings.

The remaining eight episodes of Kings will air on Saturday nights at 8 p.m. starting April 18.

The loss is a real shame because, as nearly every TV critic pointed out, NBC took a chance here on an imaginative idea with a strong cast. Kings, which retold the story of King David in modern times, wasn't another police procedural, it wasn't a cynical programming move. Some may carp on NBC for airing Kings on Sundays at 8 p.m. -- it's a weak slot for the network -- but if the show was really working you would not have seen its ratings sharply decline from its debut.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

Atleast they'll finish season 1. Maybe SyFy or Comedy will pick it up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habsburg