News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Question for the four-eyed

Started by DGuller, June 13, 2014, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on June 13, 2014, 09:53:52 PM
Not horn rims, but I switched over to thick black Buddy Holly-style RayBan frames a couple years ago.

I was slightly ahead of the curve, because loads of people have them now.

:thumbsup: It's hip to be square.

The Brain

Sheet metal, black on the outside and light on the inside.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Black horn-rimmed, but I've been wearing these kind of glasses for years now.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 14, 2014, 01:49:50 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 13, 2014, 09:53:52 PM
Not horn rims, but I switched over to thick black Buddy Holly-style RayBan frames a couple years ago.

I was slightly ahead of the curve, because loads of people have them now.

:thumbsup: It's hip to be square.

You know it, Huey. :thumbsup:

Seriously - it's bizarre to see 20-something hipsters wearing fashion that would have gotten me punched in the face 20 years ago.  Being nerdy really is, finally, cool.  It's kind of awesome (except that I now have a terminal case of the daddy-uncool-it is).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

Still have the wire frame, but I never wear them in public.  When I got contacts, I made a vow to never leave the house with glasses on again barring an absolute emergency.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Razgovory

Wire frames.  I don't give a shit about fashion.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

Rectangular copper. Makes my beard seem redder.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt