News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Fathers' Day!

Started by garbon, June 15, 2014, 09:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Father's day was 10 days ago. :rolleyes:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2014, 09:13:34 AM

As we all know America sets the standard and rules.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Norgy

Josquius

:lol:
The first reply.
When I read the topic title my thoughts were totally the opposite- that despite the US screwing up mothers day and having it at an odd time at least the world seems to have agreed when father's day is. Alas it seems not.
I guess my original intended post still has some relevancy- why is father's day more standardised than mother's day? :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on June 15, 2014, 11:31:47 AM
All Hail the Patriarchy!

You know I have commented on this before how it is unfortunate Feminists chose such a bad name for sexist oppression.  I mean, after all, the sane ones actually want Fathers more involved raising the kids so Mothers can get out and be elected President.

And of course it got stupid with the Rad Fems tweeting #endfathersday all day and saying how it literally celebrates the Patriarchy.  Um hey idiots the Patriarchy does not literally refer to fathers.  Though I can certainly see how they could be confused.  The words you use does matter after all.

Anyway thanks garbon I have had a great day and look forward to our traditional father's day fried chicken dinner coming up  :cool:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Had a good day. Was challenged by the Wolfpack to Street Fighter II. Beat them convincingly until Cassandra discovered that Honda is a fucking cheapshot fuck.Fuck.

Then played Mario Kart and I kept getting hit with turtleshells. What a fucking lack of respect. Fucking Yoshi.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ideologue

Olds are bad at video games.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Crazy_Ivan80

went to the museum of natural history with the little one. Having a look at the giant dino's.
He thought it was great (and the trip on the train to get there was of course even better!)

Grey Fox

That makes no sense. It atleast needs to be on a Sunday.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 16, 2014, 05:29:38 AM
went to the museum of natural history with the little one. Having a look at the giant dino's.
He thought it was great (and the trip on the train to get there was of course even better!)

Dinosaurs and trains: a little boy's perfect day.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on June 16, 2014, 03:40:17 AM
Olds are bad at video games.

The Wii almost flew out a window. Fucking Luigi.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive