News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Wildstar

Started by Arvoreen, June 11, 2014, 09:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoreen

So...is anyone playing this?  I keep seeing more rave reviews and am feeling tempted.... :hmm:

Anyone have a trial available? :Embarrass:

sbr

I preordered and have been playing since launch.

I am not sure how I feel about it.  Guild Wars 2 was my first MMO so I am judging everything based on that, for what that's worth.  This is the first monthly subscription game I have ever played.  I will probably pay the fee for July but it isn't 100%.  If my friends were to quit I would bail pretty quickly.

I don't find questing very interesting.  I work and my friends seem to be bums so they are leveling much faster than me so it is hard to run any instances with anyone other that randoms.  We have run one Adventure (Level 15) that was easy-peasy with over leveled friends, and a Dungeon (Level 20) that we quit with mostly over leveled friends.  I was right on the level for each.

PvP is pretty fun and you can level pretty quick there though low level PvP is obviously pretty hit or miss on the quality of the matches.

I could have sent you a 7 Day Pass but it appears I have deleted the email with the keys.  I just sent a ticket to Supprt to see if I can get it back.  If not I should be able to find one from a Guildie.

Shoot me your email address in a PM and I will find a way to get you a pass.

crazy canuck

I have been reading the reviews.  I am tempted.

Berkut

Same. My WoW re-interest has waned already, which was not unexpected.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

I tried it and I liked it.  The one thing I didnt think I would like is the combat.  I dont play FPS games and the descriptions I read made it sound like this would be a drawback for me.  But I think the combat system is what I like most about the game.

Berkut, I am supposed to be getting three 7 day passes for purchasing the game. PM me with the email address I should give it to so you can try it out.

crazy canuck

I have one guest pass left if anyone wants it.

crazy canuck

The last guess pass is now gone.

I have played each class to 10.  But take my views with a big grain of sand since a lot of people say you need to play until at least 20 to get a good feel for the game and class.  But with that said my favourite class is the Spellslinger - lots of mobility makes this class a lot of fun in a game where mobility is the main mechanic in battle.  My second favourite is the Warrior also because of  mobility and lots of damage.  If pet AI was better I would probably like the Engineer class but fiddling with those two bots becomes a real pain.  My least favourite was the Esper.  That is the class I thought I would like best from the description but its hard to like a class which needs to remain immobile for a lot of their skills in a game designed for mobility.  If they fix the mechanic for that class I would like it a lot - but then it would be very similar to a Spellslinger.  I didnt like the rogue class - forgets its name.  They do a lot of single target dps but this game seems more about taking out multiple mobs.  If I had a group to play with consistently I would be tempted to play a medic, they have fun game mechanics but low dps so solo play feels a bit too slow.

Grey Fox

Get one to 14 and try player housing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

My "main" is an engineer, I just hit 31 last night. The pet ai is pretty bad, but other than that it is a fun class.

The only time I run with two bots is in the PVP battlegrounds.  I only use the artillery bot when questing. I may go with the bruiserbot in dungeons as well for the interrupt, those are very important in high end pve content.

Grallon

Looks cartoonish  :yucky:  And MMOs suck so fast it's not even funny.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on June 23, 2014, 02:41:46 PM
Looks cartoonish  :yucky:

G.

Yep, it makes fun of itself a lot. 

QuoteAnd MMOs suck so fast it's not even funny

We already know you dont play well with others.

Scipio

Trying it out. Lots of different stuff to do. It's a vast, multi-style grab-bag. I'm not sure how much I like it, but it's definitely got potential. The telegraphing system is excellent, makes it much more twitchy and action combat.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Barrister

Bored with current games, saw a couple of videos and thought I'd try this out.

Anyone suggest a good realm/world/whatever?  Probably won't actually have time to play till tonight.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

I'm on Pago, which is a PvP server.  It is fine but it is the only one I have been on so no comparison.

I know nothing about any other servers.

sbr

I hit level 40 yesterday, the cap is 50.  All of my friends/guildmates seen to be unemployed and have been 50 for weeks.