The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Fuckers. <_<

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/middle-east/19340-isis-causing-drought-by-cutting-water-supplies-in-four-iraqi-provinces

QuoteISIS 'causing drought' by cutting water supplies in four Iraqi provinces

Friday, 19 June 2015 16:42

The Committee on Agriculture and Water at the Iraqi Parliament announced on Thursday that four provinces in the centre and south of the country face a drought because ISIS has cut the water supply from the River Euphrates. The provinces affected are Babel, Karbala, Najaf and Qadisiyah.

In a statement issued on Thursday, the head of the committee, Furat Al-Tamimi, said that ISIS closed the Ramadi Barrage (a dam on the Euphrates) after it had taken control of most of the Anbar area. He added that the group is working on taking control of Lake Tharthar in the same province to complete the "water war" strategy that it is engaged in. There is simply insufficient water in storage to prevent a drought crisis.

Al-Tamimi explained that he is trying to diminish the effects of the shortage of water from the Euphrates through the tributaries of the River Tigris. The problem, though, is ongoing and the four provinces are still at risk of drought. He described the situation as "critical" and requiring a "quick move" to prevent it spilling over into other provinces.

According to Al-Tamimi, since ISIS closed the dams the Euphrates is down to about 50 per cent of its normal volume of 200 cubic metres per second. It is expected to fall even further.

ISIS diverted the Euphrates away from its normal course by drifting the Ramadi Barrage towards the middle of Lake Habbaniyah in the Anbar desert. The water level has dropped to its lowest in years.

The militant group has already used the "water weapon" in Iraq, shutting down several dams in Diyali province, in the east of the country, over the past year. This action has led to a drought in some agricultural districts, while other areas have been inundated with water.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Speaking of the Taliban

http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/20143-afghan-hero-says-he-will-defend-his-country-to-the-end

QuoteAfghan Hero Says He Will Defend His Country To The End
Monday, 22 June 2015 18:42 Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:04 Written by Kathy Whitehead

In an exclusive interview with TOLOnews.com Afghanistan's hero of the day, Afghan National Army Sergeant Eisa Khan said that officers on duty at Parliament today were prepared for an attack.

Khan, who personally killed six of the insurgents, said it was a proud day for him that he could defend his country to this extent.

"I am very happy to be alive and proud I could defend my country," he said adding "I was prepared to defend my country with every drop of blood in me".

The 28-year-old soldier from Laghman province, said that there had been 20 troops stationed inside the heavily guarded entrance to Parliament when insurgents attacked. However, according to him they had received intelligence a few days ago that an attack was planned against them so precautionary measures had been in place.

Monday's incident was triggered by a suicide car bomb before insurgents tried to storm the building. ANA troops were able to keep the insurgents at bay but Khan was responsible for personally killing six of the seven insurgents.

The incident took place at about 10.20 am just minutes before the second vice president Mohammad Sarwar Danish was due to introduce the minister of defense nominee to MPs for a vote of confidence.

A suicide bomber detonated his explosives-laden car outside parliament. Additional attackers then tried to force their way in to the Parliament compound through the southern gate and opened fire on parliamentary security staff.

Parliamentary security staff managed to hold them off until security forces arrived. The siege lasted just over an hour before special forces killed all seven insurgents. Sadly five civilians were killed and at least 31 injured.

However, in this time a number of rockets and RPGs were fired off by the militants.

The car bomb rocked the area and caused extensive damage to cars and buildings in the immediate vicinity.

MPs were immediately evacuated to a safe place following the first blast.

1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

PJL

KRonn

Quote from: PJL on June 23, 2015, 01:28:43 PM
Quote from: KRonn on June 23, 2015, 01:25:08 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 21, 2015, 04:25:24 AM
Three way Taliban civil war, loyalists vs. ISIS vs. moderates

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/afghan-taliban-splits-isis-makes-inroads-n378456

As if Afghanistan isn't messy enough!

Speaking of which, I think Iran has become more supportive of the Taliban over the years, maybe also giving them supplies and assistance. 

All we need now is an Iranian backed Shia rebellion.

Valmy

Reminds me of those pics of Afghanistan in the 1960s from a couple years ago: http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2013/01/28/podlich-afghanistan-1960s-photos/5846/

QuoteThis is what my country is, I have been to all those places shown in picture, now there are 1000000 % change. i wish i was living then, not now...

Poor bastards.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Those ISIS "what crazy method do we use to kill people this week and disgust the world?" brainstorming sessions must be a hoot.

Syt

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/news/article/russian-police-seek-gay-transgender-islamic-state-suspects--report/524280.html

QuoteRussian Police Seek Gay, Transgender Islamic State Suspects – Report

Police in Russia's Far East are looking for a transgender man and his gay partner who they fear could flee Russia to join the Islamic State fundamentalist group, sensationalist tabloid LifeNews reported Tuesday.

Investigators fear the two suspects, identified as Alexei T. and Viktor E., could try to travel to Syria via the North Caucasus in southern Russia, home to some turbulent predominantly Muslim areas, the report said. The two men, both aged 22, hold radical views and regularly attended worship, LifeNews reported an unnamed source as saying.

Viktor, who has adopted a female name and wears women's clothes, is described in the LifeNews report as the "ringleader" of the "battle trannies" and is said to maintain contacts with armed fundamentalist groups. Both suspects hail from the Kamchatka region, where they lived with Viktor's mother, the report said.

The report comes just weeks after a 19-year-old student from the prestigious Moscow State University attempted to run away to Syria to join the ranks of Islamic State, only to be stopped at the Turkish border. She has since returned to Russia.

Word of the LGBT wannabe terrorists is likely to unsettle Russia's outspoken deputy prime minister Dmitry Rogozin, who predicted last month in a Twitter post that the West would eventually "collapse under the onslaught of ISIS and gays." He has yet to tweet on the latest news.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on June 24, 2015, 03:12:24 AM
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/news/article/russian-police-seek-gay-transgender-islamic-state-suspects--report/524280.html

QuoteRussian Police Seek Gay, Transgender Islamic State Suspects – Report

Police in Russia's Far East are looking for a transgender man and his gay partner who they fear could flee Russia to join the Islamic State fundamentalist group, sensationalist tabloid LifeNews reported Tuesday.

Investigators fear the two suspects, identified as Alexei T. and Viktor E., could try to travel to Syria via the North Caucasus in southern Russia, home to some turbulent predominantly Muslim areas, the report said. The two men, both aged 22, hold radical views and regularly attended worship, LifeNews reported an unnamed source as saying.

Viktor, who has adopted a female name and wears women's clothes, is described in the LifeNews report as the "ringleader" of the "battle trannies" and is said to maintain contacts with armed fundamentalist groups. Both suspects hail from the Kamchatka region, where they lived with Viktor's mother, the report said.

The report comes just weeks after a 19-year-old student from the prestigious Moscow State University attempted to run away to Syria to join the ranks of Islamic State, only to be stopped at the Turkish border. She has since returned to Russia.

Word of the LGBT wannabe terrorists is likely to unsettle Russia's outspoken deputy prime minister Dmitry Rogozin, who predicted last month in a Twitter post that the West would eventually "collapse under the onslaught of ISIS and gays." He has yet to tweet on the latest news.

Armed gays is no joke, they fight hard. They were present in large numbers on the Somme:

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

How long have you been waiting to use that one Brain? :yeahright:

Apparently that drowning was only one of three fucked up executions recently  :(
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3135913/Sickening-new-ISIS-video-shows-caged-prisoners-lowered-swimming-pool-drowned-shot-RPG-blown-explosive-filled-necklaces.html

QuoteSickening seven-minute video shows the deaths of several ISIS prisoners
    Five men are filmed being drowned in a pool in the ISIS stronghold Mosul
    Underwater cameras capture them thrashing before falling unconscious
    Another group are shot with a grenade launcher while locked in an old car
    Final sequence shows seven prisoners being chained together with explosive necklaces, which are then detonated

1 Karma Chameleon point