The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

When will the US get tough with the Saudi and Gulf princes financing this and other groups ?

15 of 19.
2 UAE too.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Phelps never does anything where he risks being sent to jail or executed though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Having seen multiple articles about WHY IS uses beheading I observe that none of them list as a reason for why that Mohammed like to chop peoples heads off and the Koran talks about smiting off the heads of infidels.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grallon

They seem to work on drawing the West (and chiefly the US) in - and it seems to work.  If one cannot take on a lion - on merely has to make it bleed from a thousand wounds and it will exhaust itself...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on October 08, 2014, 06:14:22 PM
Having seen multiple articles about WHY IS uses beheading I observe that none of them list as a reason for why that Mohammed like to chop peoples heads off and the Koran talks about smiting off the heads of infidels.

Possibly because it's not relevant?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Probably because it wasn't mentioned in said articles.

For somebody who hates Mooselimbs so much, did you ever bother to take any classes about it?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2014, 07:13:34 PM

How is it not relevant?  They claim to follow the example of their prophet (pbj).

Puff: as a very minor nitpick, I don't think you smite heads off.  I believe smiting is like bashing or whacking.

Viking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Banu_Qurayza

QuoteThen the Messenger of Allah commanded that ditches should be dug, so they were dug in the earth, and they were brought tied by their shoulders, and were beheaded. There were between seven hundred and eight hundred of them. The children who had not yet reached adolescence and the women were taken prisoner, and their wealth was seized.[2]
[Ibn Kathir, on Quran 33:26]

The reason IS does behead is because they are following the example of the Prophet. Even a passing knowledge of the life of the prophet should include this. I'm saying that people are deliberately disregarding the reason IS gives for beheading trying to avoid creating or being accused of islamophobia.

DGuller

It's very much relevant, Mr. Defender of All Faith.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on October 08, 2014, 07:36:09 PM

The less he knows the more confident he is in his DOF'ness

Razgovory

Beheading has traditionally been a typical way of executing people. It has been done in a lot of places over lots of time periods.  The French and Germans both executed people by beheading.  Do you think that has anything to do with their ancestor's propensity for head hunting? Would you and Viking be happier if they staked them out to die or slowly strangled them to death?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2014, 09:16:57 PM
The French and Germans both executed people by beheading

How else does one deal with treasonous Aristocrats?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2014, 09:16:57 PM

Beheading has traditionally been a typical way of executing people. It has been done in a lot of places over lots of time periods.  The French and Germans both executed people by beheading.  Do you think that has anything to do with their ancestor's propensity for head hunting? Would you and Viking be happier if they staked them out to die or slowly strangled them to death?

You miss the point,as usual. They execute infidels for being infidels because their book tells them to. They use decapitation because that's how their prophet did it.