Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

I haven't asked for some more bombing today, have I ?  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: mongers on September 29, 2014, 04:11:42 PM
I haven't asked for some more bombing today, have I ?  :blush:

If it makes you feel better, the Indiana ANG got orders to deploy their A-10's to the Middle East.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

A little too late for the Kurds in Kobane however.

CountDeMoney

I really dont see how dragging Kurt Cobain into this helps any.

BOMB COURTNEY NOW

Ed Anger

Admiral Yi

Heard on CNN that some Syrians are protesting that we're not bombing Assad.

Don't forget to make giant puppets!

Tonitrus

Ed Anger

Viking

Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2014, 11:22:10 AM
I still don't understand these constant threats from Islamic militants about attacking US. Have we shown a tendency to give up when attacked on our own soil? :unsure:

A successful attack on americans demonstrates in their minds their prestige and power. It's showing off to all the other terrorists your power and strength. This gets people to join your group and fund it. They are all competing to be Osama Bin Laden's "Strong Horse". By being more and more violent they are doing the equivalent of the tea party primary'ing a candidate from the right.

Plus, americans lose their shit about stuff like that so it must be working, right?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tonitrus

It's the weirdo Islamotard version of counting coup.

Valmy

I really couldn't care less.  They got lucky once.  Islamic terrorists threatening death to the USA pretty much has happened every day since I have been alive.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I don't really lose my shit about it, though another successful terrorist attack would convince me we should glass them all.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2014, 09:26:14 PM
I really couldn't care less.  They got lucky once.  Islamic terrorists threatening death to the USA pretty much has happened every day since I have been alive.

No shit.  For all the bullshit about '80s pop culture reminiscing, people sure as shit have forgotten how many Americans got kidnapped, blown the fuck up in embassies, planes and barracks, shot and dumped on airport tarmacs, or discovered how the edge of a cruise ship was wheelchair accessible during the Reagan Administration. 

I mean, fuck, people.  The 80's were chock full of heady Arab terrorism goodness.  Funny how all the feel-good Reaganauts tend to forget that shit.

"What was it like?  Benghazi?"
"Benghazi?  Bengahazi is baby shit alongside of what these dudes were doing."

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2014, 10:15:41 PM
I don't really lose my shit about it, though another successful terrorist attack would convince me we should glass them all.

You personally may not lose your shit, but your nation as a whole can sometimes seem like it does. You know, it does things like invade Iraq and Afghanistan, embrace torture on a systemic level, elect a democratic president etc.