The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

The Wall Street Journal needs to say it first before conservatives believe there is any possibility of a tangible connection between the Pentagon and the private contractor industry that serves it.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on September 17, 2014, 12:59:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 17, 2014, 12:56:15 PM
They are a bit, uh extreme.

I see.

In what way?

Like Derspeiss said, I would attack an article coming from say the Weekly Standard or the National Review.  I wouldn't rely on an article from mag that puts ideology before honesty.

Admiral Yi

I thought the article was fairly reasonable, especially by the dismal standards of the left-wing press.

So these guys have vested interests; so what?  They're hardly espousing crackpot radical policies.  The American public supports military action against ISIL.

mongers

How's the bombing being going today ?

Have I asked for that to be intensified yet?

An idea, people hold a street party every time a national of their country is killed fighting for IS ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on September 17, 2014, 03:00:20 PM

An idea, people hold a street party every time a national of their country is killed fighting for IS ?

That's funny, coming from someone called "draftwarmongers". Are you planning to enlist?  :D

mongers

Quote from: Martinus on September 17, 2014, 03:01:51 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 17, 2014, 03:00:20 PM

That's funny, coming from someone called "draftwarmongers". Are you planning to enlist?  :D

My limited skills are best applied elsewhere.  :ph34r:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"