The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

Berkut

Quote from: Malthus on July 31, 2014, 09:38:51 AM
Dunno if this is the right thread for this - but man, those Afganis have a shitty culture. This story is absolutely horrifying. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/20/world/asia/struggling-to-keep-afghan-girl-safe-after-a-mullah-is-accused-of-rape.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpSum&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

This is the kind of story that makes shit like the "White man's burden" not seem so fucking racist after all.

At some point can't we just say "You know what? Your fucking culture sucks, and I do NOT have to respect it".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

I'd say Malthus was behind in his Afghani required reading, but the 9th through 17th centuries are only 3 pages long, so there's really no excuse.

Besides, didn't anybody else see the movie "Osama" other than me?  And no, it's not about that guy.

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on July 31, 2014, 10:15:18 AM
Quote from: Malthus on July 31, 2014, 09:38:51 AM
Dunno if this is the right thread for this - but man, those Afganis have a shitty culture. This story is absolutely horrifying. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/20/world/asia/struggling-to-keep-afghan-girl-safe-after-a-mullah-is-accused-of-rape.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpSum&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

This is the kind of story that makes shit like the "White man's burden" not seem so fucking racist after all.

At some point can't we just say "You know what? Your fucking culture sucks, and I do NOT have to respect it".

How tribal of you.  :P

But seriously - yes. As far as I'm concerned, these people are barbarians, their culture sucks, and I do not respect their folkways one bit.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

I think their fucking culture sucks but at the same time I sure the hell do not want to get involved trying to help.  It is their country, if they want to run things like that it is their business.  Just don't bring that shit over here.

The danger for us Westerners getting involved is already evident in the article.  We are funding some sort of woman's safe place and it is being called 'The American Office' or whatever.  So, you know, our involvement makes protecting women some sort of unwelcome foreign influence.  Best just to stay away.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 31, 2014, 10:50:36 AM

I think their fucking culture sucks but at the same time I sure the hell do not want to get involved trying to help.  It is their country, if they want to run things like that it is their business.  Just don't bring that shit over here.

The danger for us Westerners getting involved is already evident in the article.  We are funding some sort of woman's safe place and it is being called 'The American Office' or whatever.  So, you know, our involvement makes protecting women some sort of unwelcome foreign influence.  Best just to stay away.

To most Islamicists, anyone working on women's issues is simply assumed to be in the pay of the West and an active agent of an American-Zionist conspiracy to destroy Islam by making women want to not breed new Islamic fighters.

Example - the Hamas Charter.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp

QuoteThe Role of the Moslem Woman:

Article Seventeen:

The Moslem woman has a role no less important than that of the moslem man in the battle of liberation. She is the maker of men. Her role in guiding and educating the new generations is great. The enemies have realised the importance of her role. They consider that if they are able to direct and bring her up they way they wish, far from Islam, they would have won the battle. That is why you find them giving these attempts constant attention through information campaigns, films, and the school curriculum, using for that purpose their lackeys who are infiltrated through Zionist organizations under various names and shapes, such as Freemasons, Rotary Clubs, espionage groups and others, which are all nothing more than cells of subversion and saboteurs. These organizations have ample resources that enable them to play their role in societies for the purpose of achieving the Zionist targets and to deepen the concepts that would serve the enemy. These organizations operate in the absence of Islam and its estrangement among its people. The Islamic peoples should perform their role in confronting the conspiracies of these saboteurs. The day Islam is in control of guiding the affairs of life, these organizations, hostile to humanity and Islam, will be obliterated.

Conclusion: it does not matter whether the West funds them or not.

Valmy

Yet all these Western Leftwingers just love Hamas.

QuoteConclusion: it does not matter whether the West funds them or not.

Still let them fight their own culture war.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 31, 2014, 11:00:25 AM
Yet all these Western Leftwingers just love Hamas.

Maybe not many of them are members of the Rotary club.  :hmm:

[Really, that just seems totally random. Why them, particularly?]

Malthus

I don't see why we should not help out those attempting to civilize their countries. It can't make things any worse for them.

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on July 31, 2014, 11:03:19 AM

I don't see why we should not help out those attempting to civilize their countries. It can't make things any worse for them.

Because it makes them agents for Western Imperialism.  I think that is worse.