The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: DGuller on June 15, 2014, 09:39:13 PM
Maybe humans are extremely optimistic when facing certain death, and choose any options that at least delays the inevitable, in hopes of a miracle.

This is our experience from the holocaust.
People just refuse to believe reality until it is too late.
The Enemy says "we gonna kill you all", but we say, "nah, the reports are exaggerated", or "that's just the vocal minority talking shit".

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Well, it is said that they dont aim. He has no need.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on June 16, 2014, 10:41:35 PM
That's a nice fat slow moving target.
Meh, you can be as fat and slow as target as you want, it doesn't matter if no one bothers to shoot at you.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

celedhring

That fat fundie guy has obviously seen way too many 80s American action movies, he should be purified.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on June 16, 2014, 11:39:16 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 16, 2014, 10:41:35 PM
That's a nice fat slow moving target.
Meh, you can be as fat and slow as target as you want, it doesn't matter if no one bothers to shoot at you.

True, but there's got to be one sniper somewhere in the Iraqi army who can hit the broad side of a barn & won't run away.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: mongers on June 16, 2014, 12:41:32 PM
Couldn't they leave a bit earlier and go by road, south to Kuwait; helicopter evacuations often look rather skedaddly.

Would probably be Ospreys, not choppers.

<insert Osprey teething jokes here>

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 16, 2014, 05:38:44 AM
Apparently Kurds and ISIS have reached a sort-of non-aggression agreement. Which makes a lot of sense for them both.

Rudaw's English Twitter feed is still reporting small skirmishes between Kurdish and ISIS forces at various places near Kirkuk, so either someone has not get the message or its a pretty weak NAP.

derspiess

I think small skirmishes in the Islamic world means you're still sort of friends.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 17, 2014, 10:23:05 AM
I think small skirmishes in the Islamic world means you're still sort of friends.

It is all over the sex ed camel.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive