News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

yup. Pleasantly surprised, but still looking like a 0-0 match
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

I guess medics in soccer are not only ignorant of the dangers of back injury, but head injury knowledge seems to be lagging as well.  That German player clearly wasn't right after that hit, and head injuries that rotate the head are the most severe.

Zanza

Schumacher sends his regards.

sbr

Suddenly I don't have a problem with the NFL's rules about teams all wearing the same color shoes.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

This is the most exciting 0:0 game since the last one.  Argentinians really are a pox on soccer, every one of their knockout games has been an utter snoozer.  I wish Germans were as good at diving today as they were in 1990.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on July 13, 2014, 04:03:31 PM
This is the most exciting 0:0 game since the last one.  Argentinians really are a pox on soccer, every one of their knockout games has been an utter snoozer.  I wish Germans were as good at diving today as they were in 1990.

I'm really not sure where to come down on diving. On the one hand, it is dishonorable and rather pathetic. On the other hand, if it was removed from the game there would be even less scoring.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Maladict

DGuller

Maladict

Viking

About fucking time....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Duque de Bragança

Iron law of football once confirmed again. Too many opportunities squandered by the Argentines.

Monoriu

Oh well.  I guess we'll have to settle for a 99% victory for the status quo instead of 100%.

Maladict

Congrats neighbours! :cheers: