News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

We won loads despite a hopelessly corrupt FA. It's a non-factor.

Duque de Bragança

http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2014/news/article/2014/07/12/north-korea-world-cup-final-vs-portugal-so-says-north-korean-media-sideline

QuotePredictably, this version of the tournament included some convenient matchups, sure to please supreme leader Kim Jong-un. North Korea knocked off the likes of Japan (7-0) and China (a downright kind 2-0) on the way to the final against Portugal. But certainly no imaginary moment of glory was bigger than a 4-0 shellacking of the United States.

Juche Korea reached the finals! If you believe Kim-Jong-Un that is.  :lol:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/12/north-korea-media-tells-country-that-its-team-has-reached-world-cup-final-4796033/

Link, otherwise it would have not existed. :)

Syt

Austrian TV did a mockumentary for the Euro 2008 about how Austria achieved the miracle of winning the championship. It was rather decently done, with a few big names like Beckenbauer playing along with it, along with the German TV analysts at the time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Liep

Fred retires from international squad, says losses were a team effort and that one individual cannot be blamed, especially not Fred.

His exact quote:

"But no single person was responsible for that. What I can say is that it was not only Fred's fault."
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Quote from: Liep on July 13, 2014, 12:14:58 PM
Fred retires from international squad, says losses were a team effort and that one individual cannot be blamed, especially not Fred.

Seriously, you can't really blame the striker for the team conceding 7 goals.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

Quote from: Viking on July 13, 2014, 12:16:20 PM
Quote from: Liep on July 13, 2014, 12:14:58 PM

Seriously, you can't really blame the striker for the team conceding 7 goals.

It was the way he said it, I added the quote.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Predicting final will be snorefest that goes into penalties.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

Quote from: Josephus on July 13, 2014, 12:17:49 PM
Predicting final will be snorefest that goes into penalties.
Same here.  Argentinians are too good at defending, and too terrible at attacking, for this to be an exciting game.

Zanza

Watching with about 500 people in a public location. Beer is flowing liberally.

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on July 13, 2014, 01:04:27 PM
Watching with about 500 people in a public location. Beer is flowing liberally.

Good luck. Germany ftw!

HVC

That could have been a red. Entertaining so far.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Maladict

For a final, very entertaining.