News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

As Lineker once famously quipped, there's hardly anything more status quo in football than a German win. Even if the SA rule is broken, Mono can sleep without fear.

derspiess

So Argentina is a fairly significant underdog and nobody seems to be giving them a chance.  Cool, cool... :menace:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2014, 12:51:02 PM
So Argentina is a fairly significant underdog and nobody seems to be giving them a chance.  Cool, cool... :menace:

Yep, this way you will feel less pain when Germany wins.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 10, 2014, 12:52:15 PM

Yep, this way you will feel less pain when Germany wins.

I do tend to hedge my bets, yes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Norgy

Admiral Yi

What do the bookies have to say about the final?

Norgy

2.30 Germany 3.15 draw 3.50 Germany on Unibet for be. Might stick a cheeky 100 on each of those.  :sleep:

Admiral Yi

I'm confused.  I'm guessing a draw pays 3.15/1, but what does the other stuff mean?

Liep

I guess he means Argentina instead of the 2nd Germany.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on July 10, 2014, 07:02:35 AM
One advantage of playing Argentina in the final: nobody in Brazil will root for Argentina. :P

Fixed!
I expect the Brazilians of German descent to root for Germany. Most want both teams to lose but that's impossible.

Duque de Bragança

I would not bury them too soon, they seem to have a decent defense. Better than Germany's?
How many Argentines are supposed to cross the border for the final btw? Can they play at home IN BRAZIL?

Norgy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 10, 2014, 03:36:37 PM
Quote from: Syt on July 10, 2014, 07:02:35 AM
One advantage of playing Argentina in the final: nobody in Brazil will root for Argentina. :P

Fixed!
I expect the Brazilians of German descent to root for Germany. Most want both teams to lose but that's impossible.

Despite the 1990 final ending in a German win, I feel both teams lost that year. Man, that was some boring shit.
Argentina is just as boring this year.
Germany isn't.

So, Germany it is for me.

derspiess

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 10, 2014, 03:38:34 PM
How many Argentines are supposed to cross the border for the final btw? Can they play at home IN BRAZIL?

Four that I know of personally.  I'm guessing many others will be selling off their kids to get tickets.  My hope is that dejected Brazilians will sell their Sunday game tickets to Argies posing as Germans (wouldn't that be a switch).  I just wish I could be there with my people.

Maybe I could hitch a ride with LeBron James :hmm:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2014, 04:03:07 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 10, 2014, 03:38:34 PM

Four that I know of personally.  I'm guessing many others will be selling off their kids to get tickets.  My hope is that dejected Brazilians will sell their Sunday game tickets to Argies posing as Germans (wouldn't that be a switch).  I just wish I could be there with my people.

Maybe I could hitch a ride with LeBron James :hmm:

That's what I fear expect of them!  ;) I guess the official black market rate (sic) will be 7 to 1. ;)