News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2014, 05:00:15 PM
Does fodbol singing ever sound like anything?  During the first half it sounded like Uuuuh ooooh uuuuh.

You kind of have to know the song to get it. It's pretty hard to improvise proper harmonies and timing when there's in excess of 10 000 voices singing along.

With national anthems, you can usually hear the words if you speak the language, as most of the people singing along know the words and there are no attempts at counter-singing.

Hansmeister

I'm almost glad I lost the tv signal due to a storm.

Zanza

Does fodbol singing ever sound like anything?  During the first half it sounded like Uuuuh ooooh uuuuh.
You could hear the German fans singing quite clearly yesterday and you could understand what they were singing when you speak the language.

crazy canuck

Cant sub the goal tender, now the Dutch have to score...

Sheilbh

And if you speak Portuguese you would've heard the Brazilian's chanting 'hey Fred, go fuck yourself!'

Beautiful.
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 09, 2014, 05:12:46 PM
And if you speak Portuguese you would've heard the Brazilian's chanting 'hey Fred, go fuck yourself!'

Beautiful.

:lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 09, 2014, 05:19:30 PM
Argentines make good floppers.

That was a pretty solid shoulder to the head. Seems unfair to fault a man for falling down when he could be concussed.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on July 09, 2014, 05:25:23 PM

That was a pretty solid shoulder to the head. Seems unfair to fault a man for falling down when he's likely concussed.

The play was well before that.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 09, 2014, 05:26:02 PM
Quote from: Jacob on July 09, 2014, 05:25:23 PM

That was a pretty solid shoulder to the head. Seems unfair to fault a man for falling down when he's likely concussed.

The play was well before that.

:lol:

Never mind then... I withdraw my objection.

crazy canuck

The really bad news is I have a conference call at the top of the hour.

Zanza

derspiess

About to get more exciting.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Noticed there are no dedicated fan sections; Dutch and Argentines are intermingled.

Anyone ever been to an international?  Do things ever get tense in the stands?

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zanza on July 09, 2014, 05:09:55 PM
You could hear the German fans singing quite clearly yesterday and you could understand what they were singing when you speak the language.

The Germans singing yesterday was the best. :wub:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.