And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2014, 02:56:10 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2014, 02:51:00 PM
It just struck me: how impressive of the US to hold the German juggernaut to 1-0.  :punk:

The US would have beaten Brazil 6-1 :P

That's Marshall logic. Herd fans would be proud.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

To my untrained eye, a pretty good game so far.

Zanza

Mascherano looked like he might have gotten a concussion. Is that really a good idea to play on? Some player (can't remember who) continued in the group phase after being unconscious for a few seconds. That seemed unreasonably dangerous.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2014, 03:25:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2014, 02:56:10 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2014, 02:51:00 PM
It just struck me: how impressive of the US to hold the German juggernaut to 1-0.  :punk:

The US would have beaten Brazil 6-1 :P

That's Marshall logic. Herd fans would be proud.

Yes.  I was making fun of the idea we should be proud we lost :lol:

But Yi was to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

I'm watching this on my laptop.

My flatmate is watching an anime on the TV. He won't interrupt it for a LIVE game :ultra: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on July 09, 2014, 03:16:31 PM
One of the admittedly very minor nitpicks of the world cup was that Argentina, Germany and the Netherlands were not playing in their traditional colors. This game at least Argentina and the Netherlands are back in their usual colors. :)

Brazil also played with their traditional colours yesterday. Little good it did for them.

Sheilbh

Maybe they'll go back to white now.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2014, 03:37:17 PM
Yes.  I was making fun of the idea we should be proud we lost :lol:

But Yi was to.

I was serious.  If I lost a round of golf to Tiger Woods by 4 strokes I would think I was God on Earth.

Can someone tell me what "infringement" is?

PRC

Seen

Zanza

The game is not as enjoyable for me as yesterday's game.  :P

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2014, 03:58:20 PM
Can someone tell me what "infringement" is?
Isn't that just a fancy word for foul? 

Admiral Yi

Is it?  My question was an honest one.  On the last Argentine free kick the commentators said even though the Dutch goalie grabbed it, it didn't matter because of infringement.

Something to do with interfering with the goalie? 

Zanza

You may not interfere with the goalie in his six yard box. Maybe that's called infringement?

Hansmeister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2014, 04:23:37 PM
Is it?  My question was an honest one.  On the last Argentine free kick the commentators said even though the Dutch goalie grabbed it, it didn't matter because of infringement.

Something to do with interfering with the goalie?

Yes, within the 5 yard area (the small box) you are not allowed to get in the way of the keeper at all.  Just standing in the way of the keeper when he reaches for the ball is considered infringement.