News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

A sliding tackle is legal when you get to the ball first, going into a tackle sole raised is never legal. And I don't think the ref really saw de Jong's kick, because of course that sould've been a red card.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on June 25, 2014, 05:06:39 PM
And I don't think the ref really saw de Jong's kick, because of course that sould've been a red card.

Yes, he later said his view was obstructed but it should have been red.

Maladict

Place    Player    Score    Correct    Wrong    % Correct    Tie Breaker
Difference [?]
1   Duque de Bragança    25    25    19    56.82%    *
2   frunk    25    25    19    56.82%    *
3   Maladict    25    25    19    56.82%    *
4   Dorsey4Heisman    24    24    20    54.55%    *
5   Liep    23    23    21    52.27%    *
6   Norgy    23    23    21    52.27%    *
7   Viking    22    22    22    50.00%    *
8   dps    21    21    23    47.73%    *
9   Josephus    21    21    23    47.73%    *
10   Pedrito    21    21    23    47.73%    *
11   funkmonk    20    20    24    45.45%    *
12   Syt    20    20    24    45.45%    *
13   Tamas    20    20    24    45.45%    *
14   Agelastus    19    19    25    43.18%    *
15   josquius    18    18    26    40.91%    *
16   celedhring    0    0    44    0.00%    *

Liep

Studs first is what you call it in English, thanks the guardian.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

I could've made a killing if I knew celedhring's picks ahead of time.  :(

alfred russel

Quote from: Liep on June 25, 2014, 05:06:39 PM
A sliding tackle is legal when you get to the ball first, going into a tackle sole raised is never legal. And I don't think the ref really saw de Jong's kick, because of course that sould've been a red card.

de Jong did get a yellow card.

In this case the ecuador dude did go off the ball first. I'm sort of joking when I talk about making the goal bigger because I know that is the standard ignorant person thing to say and annoys real fans. But the red card penalties are too severe. Kick the guy out of the game with a suspension, make the team play a man down for a period of time, but allow a substitute.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Holy shit I'm a game out of the lead. :lol:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Maladict

Quote from: alfred russel on June 25, 2014, 04:34:46 PM
What a bullshit red card against Ecuador. This is the crap that ruins a tournament. I'm at work and just saw the highlight without commentary, but that looked like something that can just go wrong on a challenge.

I just saw the replay, that was one of the worst challenges I've seen this tournament. Obvious red card.

alfred russel

Bah. Are you looking at the full context? He came off the ball awkwardly.

http://www.espnfc.com/gamecast/383261/gamecast.html

(to see the replay you have to click the little red card icon below the video player)

dps

Quote from: The Larch on June 25, 2014, 09:13:08 AM
FIFA is investigating Suárez's biting of Chiellini. If found guilty, he faces a minimum of a two game ban (out until the semi finals if Uruguay advances until them), and a maximum of a two year ban. :wacko:

Are you suggesting that a 2-year ban is wacko?  Frankly, given his history, even that seems possibly lenient to me.

Or are you rather suggesting that a mere 2-game ban is what's wacko?

Admiral Yi

I think he's saying a two year upper limit is wacko.

The Larch

I find a two year ban over this ludicrous. He has been previously banned for 7 and 10 club matches in the Netherlands and england over his other bites. It also depends a lot if it's only international games the ones he's banned for or also club games. A 4 match international ban rules him out of the rest of the WC already, maybe that can do the trick.

lustindarkness

I would not ban him for that long, just long enough to recover from having all his teeth pulled with pliers, no anesthetic of course.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

His first time he should have been given a warning, told if he ever pulled that shit again he would be banned for life.

Monoriu

Iran out.  South Korea is the last Asian team left.