Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on June 24, 2014, 05:13:37 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 24, 2014, 05:11:45 PM
Quote from: Josephus on June 24, 2014, 05:02:11 PM
that wasn't a penalty :mad:
This wc hasn't been kind to Africa

Yep, he shot his own foot and then flopped.

I thought so too, but the defender did trip him up.
Did look like an accident, though.

The right foot of the Greek hit the leg of the Ivorian player while getting his shot away, and then hit his own left foot. He fell to the ground though not by diving. On the grass, he went for the theatrics. No penalty since contact is part of football. Yellow card for unsportsmanlike attitude.

That being said, yeah the Greeks hit thrice the posts but by this criterion, many results would have been changed.

PS: who said the refereeing has been better than usual?  :lol:
Not you I know, but still...
Also, Suarez needs a shrink or a comprehensive treatment.

Admiral Yi

it appears the late game is not being shown in the US.  :hmm:

Tamas

Not a clear penalty, yeah, but he was about to shoot on goal from a great position until he mingled up in the leg of the defender shadowing him. the kind of stuff that is hard to judge in a split second if it was deliberate from the defender, or an accident.

Monoriu

A day of miracles.  Uruguay and Greece in, Japan and Ivory Coast out.

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2014, 05:53:17 PM
it appears the late game is not being shown in the US.  :hmm:

Huh?

Admiral Yi

I flipped on at 5:30 and couldn't find a game.  :huh:

alfred russel

Can we get an assessment of the red card on Italy?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: alfred russel on June 24, 2014, 07:48:20 PM

Depends. Who were you rooting for?

Ed Anger

I am getting behind the Greeks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 24, 2014, 07:54:06 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 24, 2014, 07:48:20 PM

Depends. Who were you rooting for?

I'm part Italian, so that makes me lean toward Italy, but then like a third of Uruguay is Italian anyway and Italy is so freaking boring to watch. Plus Uruguay has Suarez, who despite being possibly one of the worst people on the planet, is a hell of a lot of fun to have in the tournament (both for skill and train wreck value). Balotelli is like a poor man's Suarez on both counts. So that makes me lean toward Uruguay. But then Suarez is probably going to get kicked out of the tournament anyway, so advantage Italy again. But then Uruguay is small, poor, and shitty, and Italy is big, rich, and awesome, so that makes me lean toward Uruguay a bit as it would mean more to them.

I really didn't care about the outcome, but I hate how red cards cripple teams in a game like this.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Admiral Yi

Uruguay is pretty well off.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2014, 08:14:42 PM

I think they've bitten off more than they can chew.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2014, 08:14:42 PM

I took a bus around Uruguay. It is poor and shitty.  :) Maybe not by Latin American or African, or maybe even parts of Eastern Europe standards, but by American and Western European standards it is.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Maladict on June 24, 2014, 04:26:50 PM
Apparently some guy bet on Suarez biting someone during the WC and won $5000.  :lol:
167 people won that bet

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/luis-suarez-biting-prop-bet-norway
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2014, 07:32:00 PM
I flipped on at 5:30 and couldn't find a game.  :huh:

Because there isn't one.