News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Still a bad game, but more entertaining now.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 17, 2014, 06:37:26 PM
Quote from: Liep on June 17, 2014, 06:30:48 PM
That's the fourth or fifth time he can't hold on to a relatively weak shot. Horrible goalkeeping.
From both sides.

I expect a BBC rant about keepers punching the ball in 5, 4...

Remind them that the best save ever was by Banks vs Pele, and that Banks didn't hold Pele's header.

Liep

I'd forgive Akinfeev if that was the kind of quality coming from the Koreans.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

Back to snoozefestery. I hope both get raped by Walloons with no lube.

Liep

Iran -Nigeria, or this. Which was worse? Russia disappointed me more than Nigeria.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Norgy on June 17, 2014, 06:44:27 PM
Remind them that the best save ever was by Banks vs Pele, and that Banks didn't hold Pele's header.
They mentioned him a lot today. See also:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=gordon+banks&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=gordon+banks&tbm=nws

:lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Glad I watched Brazil - Mexico on fastforward/internet, bit of a snorefest.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on June 17, 2014, 06:56:07 PM
Iran -Nigeria, or this. Which was worse? Russia disappointed me more than Nigeria.

Easy, Russia-Korea was entertaining in the second half unlike Iran-Nigeria in both halves.

Norgy

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 17, 2014, 06:57:51 PM
Quote from: Norgy on June 17, 2014, 06:44:27 PM
They mentioned him a lot today. See also:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=gordon+banks&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=gordon+banks&tbm=nws

:lol:

Yashin, Banks, Shilton, Maier, Dasayev. Those are my top five keepers.

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on June 17, 2014, 04:08:23 PM
Is Fred really international class? He seemed very weak today, losing lots and lots of balls. He doesn't play in Europe, which is usually not a good sign either.

He used to play for Olympique Lyon until 2009, but he was never a lights out striker there, or now that he's back in Brazil. That's rather telling about the lack of quality players in certain positions in Brazil, such as striker or keeper.

jimmy olsen

Watched the 2nd half with my kids in the auditorium. That made it very entertaining.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Picked a good day to work i see.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Have there been any games worth watching?
I've only seen a replay of the England and Brazil games so far. So freaking inconvenient. Damn you Americas
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2014, 02:57:24 AM
Have there been any games worth watching?
I've only seen a replay of the England and Brazil games so far. So freaking inconvenient. Damn you Americas

The Spain and Portugal games were very entertaining.  :D

The Larch

We play for our lives tonight against Chile. Nail biting is saying little about how the game will be.  :ph34r: