News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Those are not Gallic surnames.  Valbuena is clearly Spanish, Cabaye cripto Spanish, Griezmann Germanic.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 15, 2014, 03:57:11 PM
Distinct absence of French surnames on the team.  So with the absence of the very French Ribbery, this team's Frenchiness is only 50% of the previous team's.

Benzema is what, an Arab name?

Distinct absence of French surnames on the team compared the previous team? Seriously ? This has been this way for quite a while.
As for very French Ribéry, yes he's from Northern France from French parents but he's a total ghetto reject and retard who cannot even speak French properly. Going through a windshield as a baby did not help, maybe the parents weren't the best but still calling him very French  :lmfao:

PS: Cabaye as cripto (sic) Spanish ? Really?  :lol:

Warspite

Valbuena is no French surname (Spanish) Évra is an African surname (Guinea/Senegal). The rest is spot on unless you consider à la Yi Catalan and Alsatian/Mosellan surnames to be out of place in France.

Admiral Yi

I'm not calling him le plus frenchie for his dictee scores.

He's got a beak like a toucan, he's on the short side, he's got a pretty scowly face, and a very French sounding name.  Voila!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 15, 2014, 04:13:48 PM

Didn't you just say it was a Catalan name?  :huh:

DGuller

If prior games were any indication, Argentina loses this one 1-3.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 15, 2014, 04:26:23 PM
I'm not calling him le plus frenchie for his dictee scores.

He's got a beak like a toucan, he's on the short side, he's got a pretty scowly face, and a very French sounding name.  Voila!

He can't even speak much less write. Being French is more than a gallic surname or name like Gérard. Culture matters.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 15, 2014, 04:58:03 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 15, 2014, 04:13:48 PM

Didn't you just say it was a Catalan name?  :huh:

Nope. I used Spanish since it encompasses more than Castilian and more easily understood. What's so Catalan about Cabaye? Guy is from Northern France. Just a spelling variant of Cabaille (Frog enough for you?).

Sheilbh

By the way, Yanks, how's Roberto doing on ESPN?
Let's bomb Russia!

Warspite

Messi is moving around like a lead brick on Jupiter.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Liep

What a poorly played game.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Things I like about Bosnia:
Besic.
Sensible haircuts.
Lulic.
Let's bomb Russia!