News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

This World Cup has been exciting and amazing and it's all setting up for a miraculous run for the USA to finish top of their group. I believe.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Norgy

I think I have massively fucked up my predictions in the WC pool. I can't even be arsed to check.  :cry:

Zanza

I got the result right for both England v Italy and Japan v Ivory Coast. :) 

Norgy

By the way, the avatar for the WC is Italy's most notorious henchman, Claudio Gentile, gently cupping Diego Maradona's scrotum.

Liep

Quote from: Norgy on June 15, 2014, 04:49:26 AM
I think I have massively fucked up my predictions in the WC pool. I can't even be arsed to check.  :cry:

You're tied 2nd with me and frunk. :hug: Viking leads by 1.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

Switzerland - Ecuador doesn't fill me with excitement. France - Honduras might be fun. Argentina against Bosnia, I know who I am cheering for. Fuck Argentina.

Pedrito

Quote from: Norgy on June 15, 2014, 04:52:10 AM
By the way, the avatar for the WC is Italy's most notorious henchman, Claudio Gentile, gently cupping Diego Maradona's scrotum.
Idol!  :worthy:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Norgy

Watching him was a masterclass in dirty tricks and hardman antics. I think he'd be sent off even before kickoffs these days.

Pedrito

...and this is how he treated The Greatest:

Damn, some days ago I watched that game again, and it gave me shivers like 32 years ago.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josephus

turning into a great world cup so far. :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

3.5 goals per game so far. Fun games, but we're yet to see a defense that's actually any good (I didn't see the England-Italy game though).
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Where is said Languish Pool?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Norgy

Quote from: Pedrito on June 15, 2014, 07:36:32 AM
...and this is how he treated The Greatest:

He was the best at what he did. Never seen a central defender who intimidated opponents better. Sure, there have been better players than Gentile, and he was limited in his reportoire, but he could take out Maradona and Zico. And in my lifetime, those two are the best players I have ever seen alongside with Poland's Boniek.

Viking

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2014, 04:52:36 AM
Quote from: Norgy on June 15, 2014, 04:49:26 AM

You're tied 2nd with me and frunk. :hug: Viking leads by 1.

Norgy's also in last place.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

alfred russel

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 15, 2014, 08:14:23 AM
Where is said Languish Pool?

The link is in the first post of the thread.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014