News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Just over a week to go, time to get this thread started. :contract:

Everyone gets four votes in the poll, I've added the usual suspects plus Belgium, Colombia and Chile as dark horses.
And the USA, because they've been given such a weak group  :P

The Languish pool is here:
http://www.pooltracker.com/join.asp?poolid=91653

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

I chose Brazil and Argentina from the South America division which I think will do very well, and then Spain because Spain. 4th pick went to France but neither them nor Germany, England, Netherlands, Portugal, Belgium, or Italy will have the stamina to go all the way.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Maladict

If I had read the news first I could have taken Colombia out of the poll. <_<

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on June 03, 2014, 05:48:01 AM

I've been buried in Danish politics all morning, why not Columbia anymore?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on June 03, 2014, 05:05:38 AM
Allez les bleus! :frog:

Ribéry is injured and timely recovery is doubtful. Not that he was important,much less decisive, for the French squad anyways.

jimmy olsen

Voted for Brazil, Spain, Germany and the USA!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Pedrito

External Front: Oh how I'd love a remake of the Maracanazo  :menace:

Internal Front: Italian coach Prandelli left out of the 23 Giuseppe Rossi, because he did not fully recover from the double knee injury he suffered this year; and Riccardo Montolivo, who broke a leg during the last friendly match against Eire just days ago.
Right now, defense and midfield are a mix of old veterans of the 2006 campaign and young prospects - Buffon, Barzagli, Pirlo, De Rossi, Verratti, Marchisio are the top players; attack is still in development, because Balotelli is unable to give consistency to his play, the others (Cerci, Immobile, Insigne) have little to no international experience, Cassano has played a great season but he's not really consistent, too.
The main problem is on the wings, where oldtimers of the Azzurri did not have a great season, and youngsters have little experience.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Pedrito

Quote from: Josephus on June 03, 2014, 05:48:35 AM
Don't forget:

http://www.pooltracker.com/join.asp?poolid=91653
It's possible to choose our options up to just before the start of the match, isn't it?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on June 03, 2014, 06:24:16 AM
Quote from: Maladict on June 03, 2014, 05:48:01 AM

I've been buried in Danish politics all morning, why not Columbia anymore?

Falcao is out.

Grey Fox

It's a World Cup in Brazil....Uruguay!

I cheer for, in order, England, France, Underdog #1

Fuck Italy, Fuck Germany.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PRC

I would love to see a Brazil vs. Argentina Final.  I called Argentina to win.