Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

Wow, that came as a surprise after the first 85 minutes. Football can be cruel.

Maladict

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2014, 12:42:35 PM
Why is van Persie getting yanked?  :huh:
Huntelaar assisted the first goal and had the balls to shoot the penalty. Perfect substitute.

FunkMonk

Josephus

:( Even though I picked Holland..wanted Mexico.

How many heartbreak losses have their been this World Cup.

After the Netherlands scored their first goal they showed on TV two Dutch girls bouncing up and down.

i could watch that all day.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Norgy

Excellent. 3 out of 3 matches have gone: As predicted.  :showoff:

alfred russel

For those worried about the Mono angle to this, I concede that Mexico winning the tournament would probably destroy his world. But they weren't going to win anyway. The Netherlands and Colombia are probably our two best hopes for a first time winner, and that would also be quite disastrous for Mono. Remember that in the last 4 world cups, we have had 2 first time winners. This could make it 3 in 5. The club is becoming less exclusive. The barbarians are at the gates; the old guard is collapsing.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Rich Coast 2,  Deadbeats 0

FunkMonk

Golden Dawn to win in penalties

Josephus

Drinking game.

One shot of ouzo every time Greece gets a shot. You should still be able to drive home after the game.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Norgy

I fear Greece will win this, which is why I picked them in the pool, but I really want Costa Rica to stuff those sad excuses for footballers properly.

FunkMonk

MLS game going on in Recife right now.  :zzz

Monoriu

Mexico out  :showoff:  That's 1 out of 5.  We still need to get rid of the US, Costa Rica, Nigeria and Algeria.