News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elections!

Started by Sheilbh, May 22, 2014, 03:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 27, 2014, 10:36:52 PM

In part there's absolutely a rise in anti-Semitic attacks/vandalism which does seem to come more from young Muslim men, though not always, I remember the story of a 50-something white, non-Muslim Frenchman who assaulted a Jewish woman and her daughter shouting about 'dirty Jewesses'. Similarly, as I say, the rise of the FN does give legitimate fears to Jews in France. Similarly, obviously they're an extreme minority, but it must be somewhat grim for French Jews to see demonstrations like this on the streets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxsldW-B2m0

Not the FN as you pointed out.

I remember the story of a 50-something white, non-Muslim Frenchman who assaulted a Jewish woman and her daughter shouting about 'dirty Jewesses'.
And then there's areas of Europe's anti-Islam feeling that just so happen to make the Jews also feel unwelcome - the banning of Halal and Kosher or ceremonial male circumcision. The Jewish community isn't the target, Muslims are, but the sensitivities of Jews are insufficient to give Europe pause.
Link for this story?
Not in France. In France, in Elsaß-Mosel, some PS retard (Straßburg mayor and senator) justified giving halal meat for multiculti reasons while denying fish on Fridays to Christians for "laïcité" reasons. Elsaßers and Laïcité...
"Nous servons de la viande halal par respect pour la diversité, mais pas de poisson le vendredi par respect pour la laïcité."
http://www.causeur.fr/le-catholique-voila-lennemi-9489.html

Nowadays, it's vegetarian meals when kids who are growing need animal proteines  :rolleyes:

Boy crying wolf, when real issues are ignored.
Btw, Fish is hallal :D

As I say there's no doubt European Muslims are part of the problem, but I think just blaming is woefully insufficient. This is a growing problem in Europe and the answer isn't the old European problem of blaming a foreign-looking minority.

Even if it's true?

I think Timothy Garton Ash is right (as he often is) on why Juncker is wrong to lead the Commission and it's not just business as usual, also perceptive on difficulty of fixing European unhappiness:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/26/europe-unhappy-european-union

Ash is wrong in saying that the French participation is significantly higher though. Four more percentage points is good but not significant but that's the only quibble I have with this blog post.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2014, 11:17:45 PM
Finally saw Miliband for the first time on that horrific History Channel documentary.  Dude has a nice thinly cropped jewfro.

That was his brother.

Yes, I was watching the show too.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

I wonder if Labour might finally win in the wealthy part of Northumberland with ukip siphon ing off the Tory vote...
██████
██████
██████

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Liep on May 25, 2014, 05:48:20 PM
Yellow is nationalists, only the two big cities went left. Scattered blue are farmers or rich ghettos.

Even Odense went nationalist?  Surprising.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Razgovory

Well, we know which way Duke voted.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 28, 2014, 11:19:50 AM
Quote from: Liep on May 25, 2014, 05:48:20 PM
Yellow is nationalists, only the two big cities went left. Scattered blue are farmers or rich ghettos.

Even Odense went nationalist?  Surprising.

I don't know how H. C. Andersen would've responded, with indifference I expect.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Savonarola

Quote from: Liep on May 28, 2014, 12:28:30 PM
I don't know how H. C. Andersen would've responded,

He'd write a story about it:

The Little Nationalist Princess

"Oh what a glorious winter's day," thought the little princess.  She stood out upon her balcony overlooking the square.  It was one of the first snowfalls in which snow seems to hang in the air until it is blown about by the breeze's merry whim.  The little princess smiled as she looked out, but her smile faded upon gazing down.  There were so many people in the square, and it was a Wednesday afternoon. 

"Mother," she cried as she ran back into her chambers.  She kept calling for her mother as she ran through the palace until she came to the throne room.  There her mother was sitting, as she was usually.  She was a tall, regal woman and she wore a golden crown.

"Goodness, dear," said her mother, "How many times have I told you not to run about the palace and not to shout.  It is unbecoming of a princess."

"I am sorry, mother, dear," said the little princess.  She was constantly being scolded for behavior unbecoming of a princess.

"Oh, it shall have to do, but please be more lady like in the future; now what were you raising such a ruckus about?"  Truth be told the little princess raised more ruckuses than most farmers raised crops; but the queen was always patient with her.

"Oh, dear mother, I saw so many people out in the square today."

"Yes, dear, those are my subjects."

"But why aren't your subjects at work?"

"There is no work, dear," replied the queen.  "The Muslims have taken all the jobs."

"All of them?"

"Yes, all of them," said the queen.

"There are no more jobs at the butter churns, the Lego factory or the Tuborg Brewery?"

"No dear, the Muslims do all that now."

"And men no longer fish for herring?"

"No, dear, the Muslims do that as well."

"And no one is at the butter cookie factory?"

"No one but the Muslims."

"But what do the people do now?" the little princess asked.

"They stay at home and collect welfare," said the Queen, "Except when they're out walking in the middle of the day."

"How dreadful, what are we to do mother?"

"Nothing," the Queen replied.

"Nothing?"

"Immigration makes our nation stronger, dear."

"But how can it if the people have no jobs?"

"The matter is closed, dear, immigration is good for everyone and that is final."

The little princess was greatly upset by this.  She pouted, she stamped her foot, and she barely touched her dinner; despite it being her favorite, poached herring.  None of this had the slightest impact though, for her mother was resolute and unperturbed.  In a huff and in a fury the little princess stormed off to bed that night.

The world always seems rosier in the morning, no matter how late that morning may come in the winter.  The little princess felt better as she awoke on her enormous canopied bed.  Perhaps her tantrum had been unjust, she reflected as she stretched.  Her mother often knew what was best for her and for the nation.  She resolved to apologize and marched down the stairs to the throne room.  She entered, filled with contrition, but that was quickly replaced with shock, for the woman sitting on the throne was not her mother, not at all.  She was a dark skinned woman who wore a headscarf under her crown.

"Where is my mother?" asked the little princess.

"She's been deposed."

"Deposed?"

"That means she's no longer queen."

"But why?" asked the little princess, quite on the verge of tears.

"As a Muslim I could do the job of queen for much less than your mother.  So now I'm queen."

"But what's to become of my mother?" asked the little princess.

"Why she's to stay at home and collect unemployment, just like everyone else," said the new queen.

"Am I to be replaced as well?" asked the little princess.

"Of course not, 'Princess' isn't a job.  All you do is smile and wear frilly dresses."

That was of some relief to the little princess, for she didn't know whether or not one could afford frilly dresses when living on welfare.

"Now run along, princess" said the new queen, "It's time for your lessons."

The little princess went off with excitement.  She didn't like all her lessons; math was hard.  Drawing, though, was fun and she loved Danish literature.  As she got to her lesson room and saw that it had been completely redecorated.  There was no longer an easel, a piano, or a table and chairs.  Instead there was a low divan and some oriental rugs upon the floor.  Her tutor was different as well.

"Good morning princess," he said.

"Good morning, is it time for my drawing lesson?" she asked with great hope.

"No, the queen has forbidden drawing, lest you draw a person."

"But I like to draw people," objected the little princess, "And horses too."

"That is idolatrous and has been forbidden."

"Are horses idolatrous too?"

"It' best not to take chances," said the tutor.

"And the museums with all the pictures of people and horses?"

"Those are to be closed."

"I see," said the little princess, "What shall I do instead?"

"Why you must memorize the Koran."

"What's a Koran?" asked the little princess.

"What's a Koran?" the tutor repeated in disbelief, "Why it's the holy book of Islam."

"Why do I need to memorize it?" asked the little princess.

"In order to call people to prayer, of course."

"But in Denmark we use church bells to call people to prayer."

"Not any more all the church bell ringers were replaced by Muslims and now they just call people to prayer with the Koran."

The little princess had little luck memorizing the Koran.  All those words made no sense to her, for they were in Arabic.  At the end of the day all she could do was to recite the first line and that she got wrong half the time.  She felt stupid and exhausted as the dinner bell rang.  She perked upon hearing that.  Tonight they would have herring.  In truth every night they had herring at the palace, but the little princess loved herring.  She rushed from the divan to wash her hands.  Then she raced to the table only to find that there was no herring.  Instead there was a roast lamb on the table and couscous.  The queen sat at the head of the table where her mother used to sit.

"Where is the herring?" asked the little princess.

"All of our cooks were replaced by Muslims," answered the queen, "And none of them know how to cook herring.  They do know how to make couscous, though."

"But I love herring."

"Speaking of love," said the queen, "I have a wonderful opportunity for you.  The King of Algeria has offered to make you his fourth wife."

"Are all his other wives dead?" asked the little princess, for she had heard the story of Bluebeard.

"Of course not, they're all still alive and married to him."

"But a man can only have one wife at a time," objected the little princess.

"That's ridiculous every man can have four wives."

"But I want a husband of my own," said the little princess.

"Don't be obstinate, child," said the queen, "Men always love their fourth wife the most."

"I won't do it," howled the little princess, "I won't marry him."

"If you disobey your mother you shall be thrown from the minaret like an adulteress," said the queen.

"But capital punishment is illegal in Denmark," said the little princess.

"Not anymore, all the judges are Muslims so now we use the Sharia."

The little princess hung her head and wept bitter tears.  She climbed the stairs to her room and stood out on the balcony.  There she gave a plaintive wail.  Heartbroken and miserable she cried out her despair.

"Why what is wrong," said a man standing in the square.

"All the world has gone mad and to me Denmark is a prison," said the little princess.  "Now the Muslims do everything, and there is no more herring for dinner, no more drawing classes and men can have more wives than they know what to do with."

"But immigration is better for everyone," said the man, a crowd was beginning to gather around him.

"Then why are there no more church bells, or paintings or jobs for Danes?"

"Well there are other benefits," said another woman in the crowd.

"But there's not," said the little princess.  "All we have is welfare.  We've all become no better those people who live in Christiania and don't work."

"She's right," said the first man, "We've been very, very foolish."

"But what can we do?" asked another.

"Why tomorrow is the European election.  We can vote in the Danish People's Party," said the man.

"But the Muslim MPs will work for less," said another man.

"Our people are more important than money," said the little princess.  Such a notion rankles the heart of many.  Once heresies came in all shapes and sizes, today they are few and far between.  To say there are more important things than money; why that is worse than a heresy, worse than witchcraft and worse than devil-worship.  Whole departments of economists would line up to stone anyone who said such a thing; yet there must not have been a single economist in the entire mob for everyone cheered at her words.

The Danish People's Party picked up the bulk of the seats in the European Parliament and they, with their fellow Europsceptics, restricted immigration and threw the Muslims out.  The people went back to their jobs in the breweries, at their churns and in the Lego factory.  The Queen was back on her throne and the little princess went back to her drawings.  Don't fret about the Muslims, though, they ended up okay.  They all moved to France, for no one can tell the French what to do, not even the European Parliament.  There the Muslims stay at home all day and collect welfare.

;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Awwww I love a happy ending.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 28, 2014, 06:38:07 AM
Yes, I was watching the show too.  :blush:

It's new levels of bad.  I mean the Stalin Ape Soldier show had higher standards.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Razgovory on May 28, 2014, 12:13:38 PM

LULZ

Which way did I vote?

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 28, 2014, 04:11:05 PM

LULZ

Which way did I vote?

For the António de Oliveira Salazar Resurrection Party
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on May 28, 2014, 04:48:17 PM

LULZ

Which way did I vote?

For the António de Oliveira Salazar Resurrection Party

That's the CDS-PP right?

Only Clandestino and Martim Silva will understand this one.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 28, 2014, 04:38:17 PM

LULZ

Which way did I vote?

Do you like lamb?

Not my fave but given the choice with a vegetarian diet... Of course, alone it is so-so, so wine helps a lot. Let's say a Dão wine for Valmy. :)