Elections!

Started by Sheilbh, May 22, 2014, 03:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: mongers on May 25, 2014, 07:34:08 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on May 25, 2014, 07:31:33 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 25, 2014, 07:26:49 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on May 25, 2014, 07:24:35 PM
Well they don't matter. They've got no seats. I'd guess one could be NotoEU which did a little better in London than the rest of the country last time because they had Bob Crow as a candidate.

Interesting that UKIP and the Tories are on 30% in Scotland.

A chunk of the others would have been BNP, who have collapsed everythere, which would fit those figures; perhaps because those racists voted UKIP.

I'm wondering what this decline of "others" means for the Green vote in London.

It's a given, a chunk of them left for Brighton over recent years.  :P

:lol:

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

mongers

In London they're thinking of giving up, go home and let Tower hamlets carry one. Maybe announce something on Tuesday?  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Agelastus

Quote from: mongers on May 25, 2014, 07:47:09 PM
In London they're thinking of giving up, go home and let Tower hamlets carry one. Maybe announce something on Tuesday?  <_<

:glare:

Hardly a good advert for Britain, that our capital can't complete an electoral count on time.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Sheilbh

Interesting that overall every mainstream group within the European Parliament lost seats :mellow:

Edit: Also, the Renzi effect in Italy:

:mmm:

Now he needs to break every fiscal pact going to get Italy growing and dare the ECB to kick Italy out of the Euro :w00t:

Or, he'll Hollande :(
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 25, 2014, 08:02:54 PM
Interesting that overall every mainstream group within the European Parliament lost seats :mellow:

Indeed, though the Jeremy Vine performance has robbed me of the will to live, so of to be me thinks.   :(

Sheilbh

Also the Belgians had a general election. As usual no-one outside Belgium understands or cares what this means:

Edit: Also France by region:

:o :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Tower Hamlets are now very optimistic.   :cool:

Sheilbh

Dimbleby's now sharing Victorian anecdotes as one council seat in Tower Hamlets goes for another recount. It's about to start it's third recount after 75 hours and 45 minutes of counting :lol:

The returning officer is knitting scarves for 'wool against nuclear weapons' :lol:

Edit: Apology, it's the chair of the London Greens who's knitting. Because of course.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 25, 2014, 08:20:23 PM
Dimbleby's now sharing Victorian anecdotes as one council seat in Tower Hamlets goes for another recount. It's about to start it's third recount after 75 hours and 45 minutes of counting :lol:

The returning officer is knitting scarves for 'wool against nuclear weapons' :lol:

Edit: Apology, it's the chair of the London Greens who's knitting. Because of course.

Wool's a tough natural fibre, isn't it?

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 25, 2014, 08:09:33 PM
Edit: Also France by region:

:o :bleeding:

Holy shit.  I hope this is normal bizarre Euro Parliament voting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 25, 2014, 08:02:54 PM
Now he needs to break every fiscal pact going to get Italy growing and dare the ECB to kick Italy out of the Euro :w00t:

:yeah:

Ed Anger

Huh, the French are pissed off. Jives with my observations over there the last two years.

Not shocking.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

The agents have been called in for the London vote.

Correspondent: 'So what can happen now?'

Dimbleby: 'Well, anything. The agents can challenge the vote.'

Correspondent: 'Oh God yes, I suppose they can.'  :lol: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Inclined to agree with Art Goldhammer, 'Summing up EU elections: No one in Europe is happy with the status quo except the Germans, who are the only people capable of changing it.'

Looks like Labour got almost 40% of the vote in London :blink:

And UKIP still won 17% of the vote. Lib Dems last and lose their other MEP. So they've only got 1 MEP (from 11) :lol:

Edit: So now we've just got to wait for Scotland which will come in tomorrow - the Western Isles refuse to count votes on the Sabbath. Everything's counted but the Western Isles, so we know the result as there's too few votes there to matter.

I don't know why Northern Ireland's not reported :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

The Irish are drunk.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive