News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

News from Iran? Good? Bad? Who knows?

Started by Faeelin, June 08, 2009, 10:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Scipio

The Obama administration has reassigned Dennis Ross, the US envoy to Iran.  Totally unrelated note:  he is Jewish.

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_spine/archive/2009/06/15/dennis-ross-out-as-special-envoy-to-iran-was-he-ousted-because-he-s-a-jew-or-a-bit-hawkish-on-nukes.aspx

And I thought that we were going to meet with Iran without preconditions.  I guess we'll accede to their preconditions.

Sheesh.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2009, 04:36:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 15, 2009, 04:17:35 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 15, 2009, 04:15:33 PM
Huffpo has linked to some video of militiamen firing on the crowd!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/13/iran-demonstrations-viole_n_215189.html

fap fap fap fap fap.

But I feel dirty visiting the huffington post.  :(

Can't blame you. Try queerty.com for top news. :)

I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

I assume that since reporters are now being asked to leave Iran, that the security and ruling militia type forces will start to crack down heavily.   :(   

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 15, 2009, 06:12:08 PM
[

So that is how you broke the leg!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on June 15, 2009, 06:26:22 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 15, 2009, 06:12:08 PM
[

So that is how you broke the leg!

Falling off the turnip truck, then the whores falling on me. yep.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Scipio on June 15, 2009, 06:06:44 PM
The Obama administration has reassigned Dennis Ross, the US envoy to Iran.  Totally unrelated note:  he is Jewish.

Make no mistake.  Teh Joos are still running the show.  Why, them Jews are keeping Rev. Wright from seeing Obama: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/world_us/20090612_Wright___Jews__keep_him_from_Obama.html    :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Quote from: derspiess on June 15, 2009, 10:40:52 PM
Quote from: Scipio on June 15, 2009, 06:06:44 PM

Make no mistake.  Teh Joos are still running the show.  Why, them Jews are keeping Rev. Wright from seeing Obama: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/world_us/20090612_Wright___Jews__keep_him_from_Obama.html    :D

Rev. Wright is a disgrace. I'm glad Hussein put some distance with him.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on June 15, 2009, 11:02:16 PM
Rev. Wright is a disgrace. I'm glad Hussein put some distance with threw him under the bus.

I think my edit makes that a little more accurate.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Can't you two have a lover's quarrel somewhere else?  Jesus. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on June 15, 2009, 11:06:51 PM
Can't you two have a lover's quarrel somewhere else?  Jesus. 

It's true. It would have been better if I'd posted another picture of a bloodied protester for us all to stare at from the comfort of our own homes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2009, 11:18:38 PM
It's true. It would have been better if I'd posted another picture of a bloodied protester for us all to stare at from the comfort of our own homes.
I'd be surprised if there were a lot of people on this board who know me that think that I wouldn't be protesting in Iran if I could be. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

katmai

If we chip in you promise to go and not come back?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon