17 Year Old Wins GOP Primary for W. Virginia Statehouse

Started by jimmy olsen, May 15, 2014, 07:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2014, 08:17:52 AM
And republicans freed the slaves.

Don't you forget it.

QuoteBig deal.  Get over the Robert Byrd thing.

No.

Romney carried the state by 27% in 2012.  Nto what I call a "union deathgrip".  Or were there other factors at play? :ohnotehblacks:

Bush won the state in 2000 and 2004.  Anyway, national politics play differently than state politics.  And given that we're talking about some girl running for the WV House of Delegates, state politics is more relevant here.

Democrats have controlled the House of Delegates since 1930, largely due to the strength of the coal miner's union.  But the margin has decreased dramatically over the past few years.  In 1976 is was 91 Democrats to 9 Republicans.  Now it's 53 to 47.

But please, continue talking out of your ass about a neighboring state you know nothing about.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 16, 2014, 08:32:53 AM
Democrats have controlled the House of Delegates since 1930, largely due to the strength of the coal miner's union.  But the margin has decreased dramatically over the past few years.  In 1976 is was 91 Democrats to 9 Republicans.  Now it's 53 to 47.

It sorta seems like it reflects the decline of coal mining.  See Spicey those environmentalists are good for something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2014, 08:42:28 AM
It sorta seems like it reflects the decline of coal mining.  See Spicey those environmentalists are good for something.

Fracking/natural gas also helped that along.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 16, 2014, 08:44:56 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2014, 08:42:28 AM

Fracking/natural gas also helped that along.

Natural Gas burns clean Spicey.  Man made global warming can be prevented.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on May 15, 2014, 07:52:27 PM

Somebody suggested she thought felons convicted of mass shootings should not be able to carry concealed miniature grenade launchers into police stations.  Fortunately she has no such anti-Constitutional views. 

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2014, 08:45:43 AM
Natural Gas burns clean Spicey.

Indeed.  I've always been a big fan of it.

QuoteMan made global warming can be prevented.

Can we also prevent:  non-man made global warming?

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 16, 2014, 08:50:06 AM

No.  We are fucked on that one.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2014, 08:51:24 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 16, 2014, 08:50:06 AM

No.  We are fucked on that one.

Then the answer is more green jobs.

Valmy

CountDeMoney

But please, continue talking out of your ass about a neighboring state you know nothing about.

OK.  But only because it pisses your redneck mouthbreathing Mountaineer ass off.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2014, 10:58:01 AM

OK.  But only because it pisses your redneck mouthbreathing Mountaineer ass off.

That it does, you Black Irish bastard  :ultra:

Valmy

Oh FFS West Virginians are Hillbillies not Rednecks. 

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on May 16, 2014, 06:28:52 AM
Despite being horribly white she looks kind of non-white. It is a normal Asian name,

Melungian!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2014, 11:03:06 AM
Oh FFS West Virginians are Hillbillies not Rednecks. 

Is there a utility in differentiating?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.