Sandy Hook 'Truther' Tells Victim's Mother Her Daughter Never Existed

Started by jimmy olsen, May 15, 2014, 12:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Maybe we need a crazy conspiracies thread. God knows this dude is out of his gourd.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/12/grace-mcdonnell-playgroun_n_5310928.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
QuoteSandy Hook 'Truther' Tells Victim's Mother Her Daughter Never Existed
The Huffington Post  | by  David Moye

Posted: 05/12/2014 6:35 pm EDT Updated: 05/14/2014 11:59 am EDT

A playground in Mystic, Connecticut, dedicated to a girl shot during the Newtown massacre, is allegedly being vandalized by "truthers" who claim the shooting never took place.

A vinyl sign weighing 50 pounds was stolen last Tuesday from the Grace McDonnell Playground.

The sign featured a peace symbol that was based on the 7-year-old girl's drawing. She is one of the 20 children shot by Adam Lanza at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut on Dec. 14, 2012.

Grace's mother, Lynn McDonnell, found out about the theft when a man claiming to have stolen the sign called her.

During a brief conversation, the sign-stealer allegedly told McDonnell that he took the sign because he believes the school shooting was a hoax, CBS2.com reports.

He also taunted her that her daughter never existed, a comment that suggested he thought McDonnell was part of the alleged conspiracy.

Adam Lanza fatally shot 20 children and six adult staff members at the elementary school after killing his mother at their nearby home, in one of the most infamous shootings in recent history.

However,  a small group of "truthers" allege the shooting never occurred or was part of a 'false flag' operation designed to open the door to the confiscation of all guns by the government, The Raw Story reports.

Truthers offer numerous theories about what they say really happened, but all of them can be easily explained or debunked.

The Grace McDonnell Playground was opened on April 27, and is one of 26 being built in Connecticut, New York and New Jersey by the Where Angels Play Foundation, to honor the victims of the massacre.

The foundation has ordered a replacement sign, according to executive director MaryKate Lavin.

"We are going to keep moving forward," she told NBC Connecticut. "This is not going to stop us, but it is heartbreaking."

The sign theft at the Grace McDonnell Playground isn't an isolated event. It comes just days after vandals painted graffiti at a playground in Hartford dedicated to Newtown victim Anna Grace Marquez-Greene.

The sign was spray-painted with the letters "BEKS" with a peace sign and then the words "To Sandy Hook," CBS Connecticut reports.

Police are still investigating both incidents.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

With this kind of loons around, it's no wonder that Americans feel the need to carry guns to protect themselves.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

America doesn't really exist. Its just something Europe made up to keep Russia at bay.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Lotta win in those comments.  I guess it really was a false flag operation carried out by "government cleaners" to accomplish...... stuff.
PDH!

Grey Fox

They think it didn't really Happen!?!

It's one thing to think that the government organized it but it just made it all up?!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 15, 2014, 07:18:41 AM

It's one thing to think that the government organized it but it just made it all up?!
The thing that amuses me about these Truther types is that they think the US government is actually capable of putting together these amazingly clever operations AND keeping them completely secret, both before and after said operations are executed.  Clearly these folks have never interacted with a federal employee. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Norgy

I am sure they'd be the first to point out government incompetence too.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on May 15, 2014, 07:22:20 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 15, 2014, 07:18:41 AM

The thing that amuses me about these Truther types is that they think the US government is actually capable of putting together these amazingly clever operations AND keeping them completely secret, both before and after said operations are executed.  Clearly these folks have never interacted with a federal employee. :sleep:

Oh yeah, like any government can plan anything. Humanity does nothing proactively, it reacts.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

The 9-11 truthers with the Pentagon were especially sad and hilarious the way they would have to continuously make the conspiracy bigger and more insidious to explain all the holes in their theory.  Eventually the Feds are murdering hundreds of innocent people just to keep the thing going.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on May 15, 2014, 05:50:00 AM
America doesn't really exist. Its just something Europe made up to keep Russia at bay.

I'm trying to think of a way this makes sense and failing miserably.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 15, 2014, 07:57:38 AM
Humanity does nothing proactively, it reacts.
Same is true of the rest of the animal kingdom, plus the plant and mineral kingdoms.  Kind of a banal observation, really.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on May 15, 2014, 10:31:40 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 15, 2014, 05:50:00 AM

I'm trying to think of a way this makes sense and failing miserably.
:secret: Its a phony Truther-like saying. Its not supposed to make sense.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!