The Thread where Corgis have Things on their Heads

Started by Queequeg, May 14, 2014, 02:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

I have a friend who has a corgi. It has bad hips and watching it try to get unto the couch is possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen a dog do, or not do.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Quote from: Queequeg on May 14, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
They're an old, old work breed.  They have some spinal issues if they live long enough, but they are actually really hearty and healthy.  Compared to pugs, who have non-functional jaw structure and sometimes can't even breed naturally.
Yeah they're sheepdogs I think. Which probably means they need a lot of exercise which they might not get because they look so cute/small.

Edit: Or maybe ratters?
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

Nope.  Welsh sheepdogs.  They are low so that sheep and cows can't kick them.  They have an incredibly strong herding instinct. 

Wales isn't exactly flat pasture land.  They are tough dogs. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

I can't wait until I'm in a position to have a dog and a cat :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 14, 2014, 04:20:24 PM
I can't wait until I'm in a position to have a dog and a cat :(
It's glorious.    Yesterday a mylar balloon drifted into my yard, about a foot out of the range of Roscoe's collar.  After I let him out he barked his HEAD off at it until I came out and found the balloon, which I took to the garbage can and popped by stomping on it... at which point he hopped backwards and yelped.  Most fun I've had on a work morning in weeks.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Is there a relationship between herding instinct and balancing things on your head? :unsure:

Queequeg

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 15, 2014, 08:02:16 AM
Is there a relationship between herding instinct and balancing things on your head? :unsure:
No. Corgis are just smart and trainable.

Josquius

Why have corgis became the gay dog of choice in recent years?
It is kind of funny given their only prior association was with The Queen.....
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on May 16, 2014, 04:36:41 AM
Why have corgis became the gay dog of choice in recent years?
It is kind of funny given their only prior association was with The Queen.....

I think being associated with Queen, Flaming Queens, Queers makes you "ghey" in and of itself. Plus, I think lots of gays are tired of this flamboyant sex crazed stuff and just want to grow old with dignity and a cardgan. The Corgi helps with that, since if anybody know how to grow old with dignity and a cardigan, it is the royal family.... plus it probably makes sexual fantasies with prince phillip easier.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

Admiral Yi

Squeelus, do you think your Corgi enjoys balancing things on its head or does it out of a sense of obligation?

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 17, 2014, 02:39:11 PM
Squeelus, do you think your Corgi enjoys balancing things on its head or does it out of a sense of obligation?

It thinks it's a dog.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Queequeg

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 17, 2014, 02:39:11 PM
They bribe them.  Hazel is bribed with cheese.