News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ok, how about a rome 2 MP-campaign then?

Started by Bluebook, May 08, 2014, 11:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluebook

Now that the game is stable and good enough to play... Who would like to get an MP-campaign started? I figure Rome, Gaul, Carthage, Athens, Suebi and perhaps the britons should be interesting enough to play.

Tamas

I think once Berkut sends his first Pax Porfiriana turn to me and Habs, he should be ready to go.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Bluebook

Im playing Rome in the Divide et Impera-mod, and it is the best game I have had in the entire TW-franchise. Well balanced, 4 turns/year, diplomacy is working, battle AI is not insane. Im loving it.

Viking

Quote from: Bluebook on May 08, 2014, 12:28:12 PM
Im playing Rome in the Divide et Impera-mod, and it is the best game I have had in the entire TW-franchise. Well balanced, 4 turns/year, diplomacy is working, battle AI is not insane. Im loving it.

The game has been out for 9 month, has two major DLCs multiple minor DLCs and 12 patches. From [what] the [posters at] twcenter.net forums [seem to agree on] the "best game ... in the entire .. franchise" comment still seems exaggerated?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on May 08, 2014, 12:35:03 PM
Quote from: Bluebook on May 08, 2014, 12:28:12 PM

The game has been out for 9 month, has two major DLCs multiple minor DLCs and 12 patches. From the twcenter.net forums the "best game ... in the entire .. franchise" comment still seems exaggerated?

Really?  The twcenter.net forums know Bluebook's game experience better than he does?  They'd have to, to declare his statement exaggerated.

I'm taking him at his word as to which game of which entry in the franchise is the best one he's played.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

How do MP campaigns in Rome work?  PBEM?  Real-time?  How are battles resolved?

I'm interested, but don't have the game and would have to be sold on it since I'm more aware of the fuck-ups in the beginning than any improvements they've made since.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Bluebook

I dont know how the MP-campaign works, since I have not been able to try it yet. Im assuming it requires people to be online at the same time though. As far as Ive understood they are played against each other, and the other player (s?) can also take control over AI-armies during battles between one player and an AI-nation.

Thanks Grumbler, yeah, that comment was weird Viking :)

I have played Rome, Medieval, Empire and now Rome 2, and this beta-patch 12 combined with the DeI-mod is by far the best gaming experience I have had with TW. Can things be better? Sure, sometimes the battle-AI does stupid things, but then again Im not helping it by using the map-edge at times to cover a flank etc. But it doesnt do game-breakingly stupid things, and it does not make the game pointless. Far from it, on normal difficulty Im having a hell of a time just taking the boot of Italy. Cant wait to get into Gaul or Germania. Not to mention Carthage.

I think a Rome - Carthage matchup in MP would be awesome.