News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP Bob Hoskins

Started by Drakken, April 30, 2014, 11:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Valmy

He had been pretty sick for awhile though right?  Still sad to lose such a wonderful actor.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

:(

Probably my favorite heavy of all time.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

RIP.  Among his other successful roles, he was a convincing Kruschev in Enemy at the Gates.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2014, 11:18:36 AM
RIP.  Among his other successful roles, he was a convincing Kruschev in Enemy at the Gates.

I was thinking that myself when I heard the news.

RIP Bob, you were great

The Brain

A poor man's Bo Hopkins. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Damn, not very old either, only 71.   :cry:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on April 30, 2014, 01:57:23 PM
Damn, not very old either, only 71.   :cry:

Yeah he had a disease that had been killing him for awhile.  Parkinson's or something.  I remember sometime ago he retired from acting for that reason.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

"Fuck Me!"

His one and only line in Pink Floyd The Wall. Right before Comfortably Numb.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

sbr

What does it say about me that this was my first thought?

CountDeMoney

mongers

I should watch 'The Long Good Friday' as an act of remembrance.

edit:

bugger can't find the dvd.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

sbr

Quote from: mongers on April 30, 2014, 07:29:50 PM
I should watch 'The Long Good Friday' as an act of remembrance.

edit:

bugger can't find the dvd.  <_<

How long did you look, 20 seconds?  It's like my teenage daughters, 'OMG I CAN'T FIND MY iPHONE!!!!.'

'It's 2 feet in front of you and you just sent a Snapchat 4 seconds ago!'