30-40
1 (3.8%)
41-50
0 (0%)
>50
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Maladict

Inspired by the fiction/non-fiction thread, how much do you guys read?

It's reading for pleasure only, any book you read cover to cover outside working hours.

Zanza

Not really sure.

I read quite a bit and can read novels rather fast, often in less than a week. But right now I am reading a biography of Deng Xiaoping and that takes longer.
So I selected 21-25, which would mean one book per two weeks, which feels like a realistic estimate.

Maladict

Yes, it differs a lot depending on what you read. I read a Dutch novel for the first time in years (it sucked), and I was surprised how much faster I still read Dutch, given nearly all my reading is in English.

This year I'm making an effort to reduce my TV time even further, enjoying the extra reading time a lot.  :cool:

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

My unread pile is well over a hundred dead tree books.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

If I read 5 books per year that's a lot. :Embarrass:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Gups

250-400 pages a week, which amounts to 40-55 books a year depending on what I'm reading (generally two thirds fiction, one third non-f)

Grey Fox

In 2013, I've read 28 books. Plus the couple I've started and dropped.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

I'd guess around 15.  Don't really keep track.

mongers

Quote from: Gups on April 29, 2014, 07:00:04 AM
250-400 pages a week, which amounts to 40-55 books a year depending on what I'm reading (generally two thirds fiction, one third non-f)

That's what you can do, instead of posting on Languish ?  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

:hmm: I read plenty of Languish posts.

Gups

Quote from: mongers on April 29, 2014, 07:47:29 AM

That's what you can do, instead of posting on Languish ?  :hmm:

I only post on Languish at work, it's easier to get away with than reading!

I'm on the train for an hour or so a day, so get it a decent chunk of reading then, plus half an hour before bed...

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Agelastus

Probably pretty similar here given the amount I read in a week.

I remember when I was a Teen I used to get through at least one 3-400 page book a day (pre-internet and a time of long journeys by public transport.)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ideologue

1-5, but that's probably pushing it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)