Started by jimmy olsen, April 23, 2014, 11:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 26, 2014, 06:36:24 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 26, 2014, 06:16:51 PM
Way to follow up Timay. Investigative Journalism: F

Damn, you grade harder than PDH.

See, guns do solve problems.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Malthus

QuoteMilitary Bikers Help Soldier Reclaim Old House
(Newser) – A soldier stationed in Hawaii got quite the surprise when told he could move back home to Florida with his wife: Squatters had moved into his house, and refused to leave. What's more, they were ex-convicts with 14 years of prison time between them. "They are criminals," says the soldier, Michael Sharkey, who was deployed to Afghanistan two years ago and then stationed in Hawaii. But a Florida real estate law prevented him from reclaiming his house because the squatters had established residency. "I am serving my country, and they have more rights to my home than I do," he says.

The squatters, Julio Ortiz and Fatima Cardosa, say they made a verbal agreement with a friend of Sharkey's who was taking care of the property, Opposing Views reports. But Sharkey and his friend deny any agreement took place. So a pair of veterans groups enlisted an attorney to process their eviction for free, WFLA reports, and a group of military veteran bikers said they would visit Sharkey's house to "peacefully make the squatters uncomfortable." Now under pressure, the squatters are packing and moving out. The Daily Mail lists their criminal convictions—including robbery, carjacking, and selling drugs on school property. (Another story that may infuriate you: A driver who struck and killed a teen boy is now suing him for emotional distress.)

http://www.newser.com/story/185938/bike-gang-helps-veteran-reclaim-his-old-house.html

There is nothing that a few bikers can't solve.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on April 26, 2014, 08:14:50 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 26, 2014, 08:11:41 PM

A Rubik's cube ?

That depends on your definition of "solve".  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on April 26, 2014, 08:16:50 PM

A Rubik's cube ?

Yeah you're probably right; a two pound lump hammer can solve, fix or modify most things.   :)

Goodnight.  :bowler:

alfred russel

A Rubik's cube ?

:lol: When I was a kid, my father, probably wanting to get rid of me for a bit, handed me a rubik's cube and told me that I'd get $5 or something if I could solve it. I took the cube to my room, played around with it for a few minutes, thought, "this is bullshit", realized the colors were just stickers, so I just took all the stickers off and put them back in the solved position.

At a recent family gathering, my father was saying how smart I was as a kid, that one time when I was around 10 he gave me a rubik's cube and I solved it in 5 minutes. I busted out laughing, and told him what really happened.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Darth Wagtaros

HOpefully his house hasn't been trashed.  Hopefully those two sacks of crap are dealt with. 

By the law or something.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Beaten with a sack of oranges hopefully. Bing Crosby style.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on April 26, 2014, 08:49:47 PM

A Rubik's cube ?

:lol: When I was a kid, my father, probably wanting to get rid of me for a bit, handed me a rubik's cube and told me that I'd get $5 or something if I could solve it. I took the cube to my room, played around with it for a few minutes, thought, "this is bullshit", realized the colors were just stickers, so I just took all the stickers off and put them back in the solved position.

At a recent family gathering, my father was saying how smart I was as a kid, that one time when I was around 10 he gave me a rubik's cube and I solved it in 5 minutes. I busted out laughing, and told him what really happened.

:D

Working all the angles even then.    :P

Berkut

Jake is a rubiks cube wizard. He can solve a traditional cube in something like 60 seconds. He really likes them, actualy studies different algorithms for faster solves, has a 4 and 5 sided cube as well (the 4 is actually harder than the 5 for some reason - I asked him why once and he started babbling about even number parity, and I was immediately lost).

He has a rubiks cube where all the pieces are different sizes when it isn't solved. It is bizarre.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

mongers

Quote from: Berkut on April 27, 2014, 11:15:03 AM
Jake is a rubiks cube wizard. He can solve a traditional cube in something like 60 seconds. He really likes them, actualy studies different algorithms for faster solves, has a 4 and 5 sided cube as well (the 4 is actually harder than the 5 for some reason - I asked him why once and he started babbling about even number parity, and I was immediately lost).

He has a rubiks cube where all the pieces are different sizes when it isn't solved. It is bizarre.

:cool:

Just don't let him study to be an actuary.

grumbler

QuoteMilitary Bikers Help Soldier Reclaim Old House
(Newser) – A soldier stationed in Hawaii got quite the surprise when told he could move back home to Florida with his wife: Squatters had moved into his house, and refused to leave. What's more, they were ex-convicts with 14 years of prison time between them. "They are criminals," says the soldier, Michael Sharkey, who was deployed to Afghanistan two years ago and then stationed in Hawaii. But a Florida real estate law prevented him from reclaiming his house because the squatters had established residency. "I am serving my country, and they have more rights to my home than I do," he says.

The squatters, Julio Ortiz and Fatima Cardosa, say they made a verbal agreement with a friend of Sharkey's who was taking care of the property, Opposing Views reports. But Sharkey and his friend deny any agreement took place. So a pair of veterans groups enlisted an attorney to process their eviction for free, WFLA reports, and a group of military veteran bikers said they would visit Sharkey's house to "peacefully make the squatters uncomfortable." Now under pressure, the squatters are packing and moving out. The Daily Mail lists their criminal convictions—including robbery, carjacking, and selling drugs on school property. (Another story that may infuriate you: A driver who struck and killed a teen boy is now suing him for emotional distress.)

http://www.newser.com/story/185938/bike-gang-helps-veteran-reclaim-his-old-house.html

Indeed.  Ukraine needs to hire a few.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

Putin got to them first, and used them in Crimea.  :(

grumbler

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 27, 2014, 12:31:54 PM
Putin got to them first, and used them in Crimea.  :(
Then the Ukrainians need to hire Jake!

Have them stake out the 5 Guys in Bealeton, Virginia.  Jake's been there about a third of the times I have gone there.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!