'Breasts Too Large' On Bust Of Romania's Former First Lady Arethia Tatarescu

Started by garbon, April 22, 2014, 12:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/21/breasts-romania-sculpture_n_5184474.html

QuoteA new bust sculpted to commemorate the wife of a Romanian president must be reworked because its breasts are too large, the country's Ministry of Culture has insisted.

Central European News reported that the sculpture of Arethia Tatarescu has drawn astonished looks after it was unveiled in the local park of her home town of Targu-Jiu.

Pompiliu Ciolacu, head of the local council's Culture Department, said: "Artistically it's exaggerated, and that means that aesthetically it doesn't resemble the real image of the person".

Radu Boroianu, a deputy minister in the Romanian Ministry of Culture and a modern art enthusiast, called for the sculpture to be taken down and reworked by local artist Paul Popescu.

Gorj County Council had paid more than £4,000 for the work.

But Popescu has refused, calling it a "totally arbitrary reason and at the end of the day in artwork breast size is a matter of taste. We don't all have to like the same type of women, the same way that not every woman likes the same type of man.

"Minister Boroianu personally finds it too sexy because the breasts are too large. I don't think that the breasts are too small, and I don't think that they are too large. I think they are just right."

Tatarescu, who was born in the city in 1889, and after studying art in Belgium, married the man who was to become prime minister, Gheorghe Tatarescu.

Known for her beauty and refinement, she is rarely pictured wearing anything less demure than a starched blazer and knee-length skirt.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Tatarescu is the name I'd come up with if I was thinking of a Romanian with large breasts.

Eddie Teach

I dunno, if her tatas need rescuing, perhaps that means "needs implants".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Actually those are way smaller than the ones on the Aretha I know.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Heh, the problem is not the size of the breasts, it's the fact that the shirt she is wearing is sculpted like it was drawn three sizes too tight by a titty-obsessed teenage learning how to draw manga from looking at pictures of wet t-shirt contests.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Jacob on April 22, 2014, 02:57:17 PM
Heh, the problem is not the size of the breasts, it's the fact that the shirt she is wearing is sculpted like it was drawn three sizes too tight by a titty-obsessed teenage learning how to draw manga from looking at pictures of wet t-shirt contests.

+1

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on April 22, 2014, 02:57:17 PM

Yep that was my take. Also why I didn't post image here on Languish as didn't want to trigger another nipplegate. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I actually had no idea who that was.  Looking at the picture, my guess is what ever she did to become famous she did at about 17 and was very cold while doing it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I suspect he used a model with fake tits.  Those look like fake tits.

Josquius

I wasn't sure what to expect just from
Tht title, then I looked, and...lol. Those boobs just look added in as an after thought because boobs are cool. There's no reason for any boobs to be Included
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 22, 2014, 07:47:58 PM

I think they are made of stone.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 22, 2014, 07:47:58 PM

In terms of being impossibly perky I'd agree they look 'fake'.  But they don't look like implants if that's what you're getting at.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall