Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2014, 08:30:26 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 19, 2014, 08:26:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2014, 07:45:43 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 19, 2014, 07:39:44 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 19, 2014, 07:22:11 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 19, 2014, 06:59:19 PM
I hate Ginger Mormons from Illinois, or is that too specific?
I am not a ginger.   :yuk:
I will break the sanctity of TBR to prove you a liar!

You colorblind?

Of course I don't see color. I only see people.

You racist Garbo.

Actually I think that approach just helps to sustain the racism that is still present in our society. Also know as sticking one's head in the sand.
You make baby Morgan Freeman cry.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on April 19, 2014, 09:16:27 PMYou make baby Morgan Freeman cry.

I generally don't formulate my opinions on the world on the basis of statements from actors. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2014, 09:21:04 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 19, 2014, 09:16:27 PMYou make baby Morgan Freeman cry.

I generally don't formulate my opinions on the world on the basis of statements from actors. :unsure:
but he always plays the voice of reason and or god, so you know he has to be right.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on April 19, 2014, 07:34:04 PM
Not really.  I spent entirety of College studying ethnic violence and I have weird, deep-seeded feelings about religious persecution relating to me being a foot-taller blonde kid in a Jewish preeschool where the Holocaust was taught in children's books.

If it makes you feel better, it can just be ethnic Bosnian.  No need to get religion involved.  Anyway, I'm putting you down for "Bosnians" which if a popular choice in the pro-Moscow camp.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2014, 06:57:56 PM
I'm a bit surprised to see someone airing their prejudice as if it were a good thing. :hmm:
Is he saying it's a good thing?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

He's hardly expressing embarrassment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Bosnian Muslims here are usually considered to be rather relaxed about their religion. Some will observe the rules for halal food, or ramadan, but many, if not most just won't give a shit. I have a friend who said he never got as drunk as at a (Muslim) family function he attended in Bosnia.

It's usually not the Bosnians where you see a middle aged guy walking down the street with two or three women a few steps behind him and him talking to them over his shoulder.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

LaCroix

the bosnian community of fargo are good folk  :Canuck:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2014, 06:57:56 PM
I'm a bit surprised to see someone airing their prejudice as if it were a good thing. :hmm:

Neil does it all the time. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2014, 12:09:46 AM
Bosnian Muslims here are usually considered to be rather relaxed about their religion. Some will observe the rules for halal food, or ramadan, but many, if not most just won't give a shit. I have a friend who said he never got as drunk as at a (Muslim) family function he attended in Bosnia.

It's usually not the Bosnians where you see a middle aged guy walking down the street with two or three women a few steps behind him and him talking to them over his shoulder.

That's me!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

One of the accountants at work is a Bosniak.  He's cool.  He often wears track suits on Fridays, too. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2014, 08:43:28 AM
One of the accountants at work is a Bosniak.  He's cool.  He often wears track suits on Fridays, too. :)

Are you two the only guys who do that?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Why do we give Spellus a free ride with his casual racism cloaked in ethnic/cultural gobbledygook, wheres in the past we gave shit to Lettow for his backward ideas ? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"