What are you growing in your garden this summer?

Started by charliebear, June 07, 2009, 11:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on June 08, 2009, 10:40:41 AM
I'm getting some Married With Children flashbacks there, Mr Ed.
QuoteIf dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?

Rabbit fuckers and their holes annoy me. That and their attacks on the garden compel me to resist their aggression with BB guns and cats.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 08, 2009, 10:32:28 AM
I am conducting my annual anti-rabbit counterinsurgency operations near the garden. No truce with rabbitkind.

Ed at work in the yard....

Gaius Marius

First Man in Rome

Malthus

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 08, 2009, 01:02:09 PM
I am conducting my annual anti-rabbit counterinsurgency operations near the garden. No truce with rabbitkind.

Ed lusts after transvestite rabbits?  :huh:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

charliebear

KRonn

Been just over a week and some of the seeds in my garden are starting to show, some small seedlings coming up, breaking above ground. The tomato plants are growing well so far. Be another week or so and I'll start to tie them to posts for support.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on June 09, 2009, 07:37:56 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 08, 2009, 01:02:09 PM

Ed lusts after transvestite rabbits?  :huh:

Ed wants to bathe in their blood. I like cute critters as much as the next person, but rabbits are vermin.

PDH

I would suggest slowly raising the level of provocation, then a sudden assault in the early morning following a short but intense bombardment.  Deep attacks by mobile forces will disrupt reserves, and the enemy can be mopped up after being isolated and surrounded.

Then, the phony war with the larger vermin can set in.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on June 09, 2009, 09:49:52 AM
I would suggest slowly raising the level of provocation, then a sudden assault in the early morning following a short but intense bombardment.  Deep attacks by mobile forces will disrupt reserves, and the enemy can be mopped up after being isolated and surrounded.

Then, the phony war with the larger vermin can set in.

I am training an elite fighting force of neighborhood cats to combat the rabbit menace. Drut, the stray I adopted a few years ago, has been given the title of Sturmfuhrer and has proven to be a crack killer of rabbits. All strays are welcome at my home. I offer a vet, tuna and treats for service.

PDH

I bet his counter is black with lightning bolts.  Cool.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Monoriu

I have no garden, no balcony, and no lawn.  The small window of the living room is like 10 feet away from a 40+ storey building, so not much sunlight reaches us.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Monoriu on June 09, 2009, 10:21:23 AM
I have no garden, no balcony, and no lawn.  The small window of the living room is like 10 feet away from a 40+ storey building, so not much sunlight reaches us.
Sounds like paradise.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image