News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Family trip to Canada on the horizon

Started by merithyn, April 16, 2014, 08:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Comparing with Facebook pictures posted by BB.

Both #1s look alike.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 20, 2014, 09:28:47 AM
Comparing with Facebook pictures posted by BB.

Both #1s look alike.

That's what I was going to say. Valmy, your oldest and BB's oldest could be twins. :D

Berk, yeah, it was fun, and it would have been perfect if you'd have made it, too. :hug: I will say that Neil's ability to name construction and emergency vehicles may have endeared him to Timothy quite a bit. Of course, I think Neil lost major points when he questioned Timothy's knowledge of one of his dinosaurs.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Berkut

Neil puts on a good show, but you know it is just a show - at some point he will crack and smack one of the kids or tell him to STFU ALREADY!

And then it will just be me...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on June 20, 2014, 12:32:50 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 19, 2014, 03:58:29 PM
I hope burgers and boardgames are worth the drive... :unsure:

The burgers were fantastic, the boardgames were fun, and the company was a delight. :) The adults were pretty okay, too. ;)

For the record, I'm pretty sure BB has the most adorable boys on the planet. Timothy, Neil, and I had a great time deciding how best to stack Timothy's cars/trucks/boats, and also deciding what each of them were. (Neil's still a bit flummoxed on what goes on the ferry.) Max and Neil won the games, though BB and his wife made a good showing of trying to get the other drunk. (Red Dragon Inn)

Overall, exactly the kind of evening that I needed to wind down a bit before spending the next 48 hours with Max's family. The. Whole. Family. We're talking 57 people in one place for two days. *smh*

The List:

If you've ever posted on Languish, you're probably on the list. If you've ever met BB, Neil, Max, or me, you're definitely on the list.

P.S. Valmy, BB is definitely your doppelganger; in case you were curious.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves guys.  I still feel bad we couldn't have done more to show you around or entertain - only so much we could do on a week night.

Neil - we really should get together once in a while, even if just to play a game or watch a Ravens or Jets game.  We should talk again in the fall.

It was deeply weird though to remember back to meeting Max the last time.  It was so long ago it was a "Paradox OT" meet-up - Languish didn't even exist.  Man we got old...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 20, 2014, 11:56:54 AM
It was deeply weird though to remember back to meeting Max the last time.  It was so long ago it was a "Paradox OT" meet-up - Languish didn't even exist.  Man we got old...

So long ago you had 'Boy' at the end of your handle.  Damn that was at least 12 years ago dude.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2014, 12:31:21 PM

So long ago you had 'Boy' at the end of your handle.  Damn that was at least 12 years ago dude.

My dentist came to that realisation too last week when I told him that when I come back in the Fall, I'm bringing my oldest for her first appointment.

I am one of his first patients, he was right out of school when I first started going to him. I think he felt very, very old.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2014, 08:50:11 AM

My Languish bro :hug:

Are our kids doppelgangers?

your first kid on the left looks a lot like my friend's twins at that age :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Neil - we really should get together once in a while, even if just to play a game or watch a Ravens or Jets game.  We should talk again in the fall.
Jets-Habs game with Neil?  I hope the Jets crush them mercilessly! :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2014, 08:50:11 AM

My Languish bro :hug:

Are our kids doppelgangers?

That is a really, really great picture.

Adorable kids, great setting, they are all smiling and happy at the same moment.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Valmy, did you go out and have a girl when I didn't realize, or is that a little neice of yours?

I could have sworn you only had two boys.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 20, 2014, 02:21:22 PM
Valmy, did you go out and have a girl when I didn't realize, or is that a little neice of yours?

I could have sworn you only had two boys.

Correct! :hug:

That is my sister's daughter.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Glad you enjoyed yourselves guys.  I still feel bad we couldn't have done more to show you around or entertain - only so much we could do on a week night.

I'm glad we just stayed in. We were pretty done with restaurant food and the public. Plus it many we got to hang with the whole family.

Neil

I enjoyed meeting people.  BB makes tasty burgers.  His son knows his dinosaurs.  Max is a worthy rival when it comes to games.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on June 22, 2014, 10:50:14 AM

I'm glad we just stayed in. We were pretty done with restaurant food and the public. Plus it many we got to hang with the whole family.

So how has the rest of your trip gone?  You were kind of uncertain about how Friday would go...

merithyn

We left the family this morning, all a little sorry to say good-bye, I think.

I disagree with the Mennonite way in many regards, which can cause friction. This weekend, however, was more about family than any of that, so it went very well. I've now officially met all of Max's siblings, probably 95% of his nieces and nephews, great-nieces and nephews, and in-laws. I canoed down a river with two of his sisters-in-law, played board games with several of his siblings and siblings-in-law (and I beat his sister in Settlers of America, something that NEVER happens!), and sat and knitted with his very elderly aunt. He played board games, canoed, played frisbee golf, and sat around and chatted politics with his brothers, nephews, and brothers-in-law.

I think it's safe to say that the weekend exceeded my expectations by a long-shot. :)