News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who should I vote for. Redux.

Started by Martinus, June 07, 2009, 04:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

The Tory party chairman's just said that the Tories won't form an alliance with 'extremist' group or 'anti-gay' parties :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 07, 2009, 04:49:50 PM
The Tory party chairman's just said that the Tories won't form an alliance with 'extremist' group or 'anti-gay' parties :o
:thumbsup:

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2009, 04:42:56 PM
Why is Hungary so fucked up? I mean Poland is not a paradise either, but at least the most right-wing party that won any seats is "PiS", which is of course full of Kaczynski-style failures, but they are definitely not nazis (the closest comparison would probably be the Spanish People's Party, but without a historical involvement in any right wing dictatorship).

Well our economy, or at least state budget, is supposed to be in a much worse state than Poland's. The current welfare state will have to go, either by choice, or by collapse, and the only party which offers a simple "solution" for this (get rid of "foreign (read: jewish) influence" in economy, be forceful to solve the gypsy problem -> country shall rise) are the nazis.

Of course, they would strongly object to be called nazis, they are "radical nationalists". But they just can't mutter a sentence without putting some anti-semite comment in it. Like tonight their victory speech involved classy phrases as "we had to endure overwhelming odds like using palestinian slingers against Israeli helicopters" and "it has been shown that we shall not become a second Palestine, we shall not be a colony". :bleeding:
Their rhetoric is just sick and crazy and apparently there are even more people buying it than I thought so.

Martinus

Anyway, I'm now a proud member of the respectable Languish club of people who vote for parties that get 1% of popular vote. ;)

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on June 07, 2009, 05:06:29 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2009, 04:42:56 PM
Why is Hungary so fucked up? I mean Poland is not a paradise either, but at least the most right-wing party that won any seats is "PiS", which is of course full of Kaczynski-style failures, but they are definitely not nazis (the closest comparison would probably be the Spanish People's Party, but without a historical involvement in any right wing dictatorship).

Well our economy, or at least state budget, is supposed to be in a much worse state than Poland's. The current welfare state will have to go, either by choice, or by collapse, and the only party which offers a simple "solution" for this (get rid of "foreign (read: jewish) influence" in economy, be forceful to solve the gypsy problem -> country shall rise) are the nazis.

Of course, they would strongly object to be called nazis, they are "radical nationalists". But they just can't mutter a sentence without putting some anti-semite comment in it. Like tonight their victory speech involved classy phrases as "we had to endure overwhelming odds like using palestinian slingers against Israeli helicopters" and "it has been shown that we shall not become a second Palestine, we shall not be a colony". :bleeding:
Their rhetoric is just sick and crazy and apparently there are even more people buying it than I thought so.
Whoa, that's pretty fucked up.

The only party that used that kind of rhetoric in Poland didn't go above 1% in the elections. PiS may be homophobic, as well as anti-Russian and anti-German (and accuses PO of being too pro-German) but bends over backwards not to be perceived as anti-semitic.

Anyway, it's gonna be fun to watch (in the train wreck sense) how Hungary is going to get out of its massive debt and deficit by actually REDUCING foreign investments.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 07, 2009, 05:31:36 PM
The BNP have at least one MEP :( <_<
This makes Poland more civilized than the UK. :D

Sheilbh

Poor Labour.  Apparently they're coming fifth in the South-West region (where I am) behind Mebyon Kernow the Cornish nationalist party :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

Daniel Hannan won his seat again.   :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 07, 2009, 05:46:07 PM
Poor Labour.  Apparently they're coming fifth in the South-West region (where I am) behind Mebyon Kernow the Cornish nationalist party :lol:

:XD:

Martinus

Sheilbh

QuoteWho?
A twattish ex Tory MEP who's since become a hero in the US due to the youtube video of him questioning Gordon Brown.

The Tories have won Wales for the first time in 1918 and Labour are 1% from being pushed into third place by Plaid Cymru.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

The Tories can now recruit Welsh Longbowmen.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 07, 2009, 05:50:21 PM
QuoteWho?
A twattish ex Tory MEP who's since become a hero in the US due to the youtube video of him questioning Gordon Brown.

The Tories have won Wales for the first time in 1918 and Labour are 1% from being pushed into third place by Plaid Cymru.
Are there also Polka Dot Cymru?

Martinus