News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Rasputin on December 23, 2014, 06:36:45 PM
I do admire your stubbornness. I believe that you've read game of thtones quite closely. As for meggs file I don't believe you read it any more today than I did when you claimed to have several months ago.

Come on.  Why do you think I care what you "believe?"  Hell, you haven't even quoted the post of mine that has your panties in such a twist.  I'm betting that it was a lot more tame than your OTR stance here suggests.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 23, 2014, 08:07:48 PM
(snip)

Yeah, i know.  But sometimes it is impossible to resist the temptation to see how far out on the limb someone like Raspie will go when he is busy sawing it off, obviously convinced the tree will fall and the branch will stay.  No one else should probably bother even reading these posts, unless they are easily amused.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

I was laughing at Samwell still having a job.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 23, 2014, 09:56:51 PM
I was laughing at Samwell still having a job.  :blush:
Oh.  Never mind, then!  :lol:

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Do you think the christmas story is full of goodness and joy? The NCAA wants you to consider some of the implications of aspects of the story on amateurism.

QuoteTHE NCAA'S NOTICE OF CHRISTMAS ALLEGATIONS

The National Collegiate Athletics Association
Enforcement Division
Indianapolis, Indiana

Contact with boosters and/or donors. Requesting contact information for Messrs. Melchior, and Balthazar mentioned in memo of 12/24.
TO: Christ, Jesus
Prospective Student-Athlete/Newborn Lord & Savior

Dear Mr. Christ,

We write you today to remind you of the NCAA's commitment to preserving the integrity of the collegiate athletics experience. Amateurism is the bedrock of that experience, of course, and we steadfastly maintain that compensation is wholly inconsistent with the ideals of our organization. (We note that the Israelite class action, Moses v. Emmert, is still on appeal with the Seventh Circuit, and we are confident that court will find A.D. Pharaoh's actions were not anticompetitive.)

Keeping that in mind, we have reviewed your case and made the following notes of violations or potential violations of the existing code of conduct for amateur athletes under current NCAA rules:

1) Representation by an agent. It is alleged that, on your behalf, a heavenly spirit appeared to three shepherds for the purposes of marketing your birth. This conduct would violate Bylaw 12.3.1 and render you ineligible for participation in an intercollegiate sport.

2) Contact with boosters and/or donors. We are renewing our request that you provide contact information for Messrs. Melchior, Caspar, and Balthazar ("Magus 1", "Magus 2," and "Magus 3," respectively), as mentioned in our memorandum dated 12/24; their conduct may be in violation of Bylaw 13.02.10.

3) Receipt of nonpermissible benefits. It is further alleged that Magi 1-3 and an unnamed hotelier provided you and your family with gifts, including, but not limited to:

- Precious metals
- Incense
- Embalming oils
- Overnight accommodations
- Hay and/or straw

If you or your family accepted any of these items, this would be a violation of Bylaw 16.11.2.1.

4) Your letter of intent does not include valid paternal signature. If we do not receive documented proof of paternity by April 21st, this would be a violation of Bylaw 13.02.11.

5) It has come to our attention that the likeness of you located on the campus of the University of Notre Dame exceeds the 8-1/2" by 11" size restriction required by Bylaw 13.4.1.1.

Please reply in full at your nearest convenience. Send all supporting documents via fax to (317) 917-6222. We remind you that the NCAA does not accept burning bush correspondence.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2014/12/23/7442847/the-ncaas-notice-of-christmas-allegations
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

By the way, the Michigan players were told today that the new coach is signed, but that the name won't be announced until next week; said coach will be in place when the players return to school Jan 3rd.  That goes hand-in-hand with pretty much all the news leaks over the last couple of days: Jim Harbaugh does seem highly likely to be the next coach at Michigan. 

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

I think it's the right move for everybody involved.

sbr

Rasputin

Quote from: grumbler on December 23, 2014, 07:48:08 PM
I do admire your stubbornness. I believe that you've read game of thtones quite closely. As for meggs file I don't believe you read it any more today than I did when you claimed to have several months ago.

Come on.  Why do you think I care what you "believe?"  Hell, you haven't even quoted the post of mine that has your panties in such a twist.  I'm betting that it was a lot more tame than your OTR stance here suggests.

our discussion follows:

QuoteRe: Columbia student carrying mattress until school expels her rapist
« Reply #344 on: September 26, 2014, 09:07:24 Rasputin: on September 26, 2014, 08:55:03 am
have you actually reviewed the investigation file, which is a public record under florida law and available on line?

I don't know what actually happened that night but I know that from my review of the primary source materials available to the state attorney,  I concluded that there was significant reasonable doubt given the victim's three differing versions of events all of which were inconsistent with the forensic evidence which forensic evidence was in fact was consistent with the accused's version of events.

police corruption and cover up in small southern college town does sell more papers in New York though

discount my opinions as a seminole if you wish but I think on the other side of the bias ledger I had a daughter in undergrad at fsu at the time this all occured and think i looked at the investigative material with an objective lawyer's eye

Grumbler: Yep, I looked at the same data, and, unsurprisingly, came to a different conclusion than you.  However, the investigative blunders have far more to do with the investigative process than the investigative product, given that the product was a result of the flawed process.

So what investigation after the incident fixes the doubt in her case caused by a contemporaneous rape kit's forensic evidence differing from her differing statements regarding the incident?
Who is John Galt?

Rasputin

dorsey was the intellectualy honest one when he responded:

QuoteI didn't even have to look into the data at all to know that Winston is guilty. The game tape of him raping Miami's secondary was all the evidence I needed to know that the man is an experienced and remorseless rapist.
Who is John Galt?

dps

Quote from: Rasputin on December 24, 2014, 01:26:10 PM

our discussion follows:

« Reply #344 on: September 26, 2014, 09:07:24 Rasputin: on September 26, 2014, 08:55:03 am
have you actually reviewed the investigation file, which is a public record under florida law and available on line?

I don't know what actually happened that night but I know that from my review of the primary source materials available to the state attorney,  I concluded that there was significant reasonable doubt given the victim's three differing versions of events all of which were inconsistent with the forensic evidence which forensic evidence was in fact was consistent with the accused's version of events.

police corruption and cover up in small southern college town does sell more papers in New York though

discount my opinions as a seminole if you wish but I think on the other side of the bias ledger I had a daughter in undergrad at fsu at the time this all occured and think i looked at the investigative material with an objective lawyer's eye

Grumbler: Yep, I looked at the same data, and, unsurprisingly, came to a different conclusion than you.  However, the investigative blunders have far more to do with the investigative process than the investigative product, given that the product was a result of the flawed process.

So what investigation after the incident fixes the doubt in her case caused by a contemporaneous rape kit's forensic evidence differing from her differing statements regarding the incident?

Uh, wasn't that about a different alleged rape, one that didn't involve Winston? 

grumbler

Quote from: Rasputin on December 24, 2014, 01:26:10 PM

our discussion follows:

That's what's got you on the rag? That I noted that I looked at the same data as you, and came to a different conclusion?  I can only lol. 

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

How the hell do you call a damn fade for the game winning 2pt conversion after coming all the way back from 35 down or whatever it was???????  Someone should let Dan Enos know that Megatron isn't out there catching passes for Central Michigan.

Rasputin

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 24, 2014, 05:48:20 PM
How the hell do you call a damn fade for the game winning 2pt conversion after coming all the way back from 35 down or whatever it was???????  Someone should let Dan Enos know that Megatron isn't out there catching passes for Central Michigan.

It was a real wtf. I picked central Michigan too :(
Who is John Galt?