News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Hmm, I must have mis-read or mis-remembered something.

Ed Anger

The next Ohio State player that muffs a punt or fucks up on kickoffs should be beaten with a belt.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on November 08, 2014, 08:47:12 PM

:hmm: I think at this point, that Baylor ksu game at the end of the year will decide it no matter what happens tonight. Unless they lose somewhere else, of course.

sbr

Quote from: Berkut on November 08, 2014, 03:26:35 PM
Does anyone have access to the Pac-12 network they would like to share?

Sorry, I missed this the first time somehow.  Does the log-in I gave you last year not work any more?

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 08, 2014, 08:59:34 PM
Quote from: sbr on November 08, 2014, 08:47:12 PM

:hmm: I think at this point, that Baylor ksu game at the end of the year will decide it no matter what happens tonight. Unless they lose somewhere else, of course.

I was looking at this.

Assuming:

TCU wins tonight
TCU, KSU, BU win out until KSU/BU game

You will have 3 teams with one conference loss, until that last game.  After that you will have 2 teams with a B-12 loss.

If KSU wins:  KSU & TCU are tied and TCU won head-to-head
If BU wins:  BU and TCU are tied and BU won head-to-head

I don't see a way for KSU to win the conference in this scenario, unless there is a weird tie breaker I don't know about.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on November 08, 2014, 09:08:13 PM
I was looking at this.

Assuming:

TCU wins tonight
TCU, KSU, BU win out until KSU/BU game

You will have 3 teams with one conference loss, until that last game.  After that you will have 2 teams with a B-12 loss.

If KSU wins:  KSU & TCU are tied and TCU won head-to-head
If BU wins:  BU and TCU are tied and BU won head-to-head

I don't see a way for KSU to win the conference in this scenario, unless there is a weird tie breaker I don't know about.

Nah, I don't think even the Big 12 has come up with a tie breaker that would ignore head to head.  Yet.  Give them some time though and they might think one up.

MadBurgerMaker

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on November 08, 2014, 03:26:35 PM
Does anyone have access to the Pac-12 network they would like to share?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 08, 2014, 07:50:01 PM
Texas got the W despite Swoopes imploding in the second half. :punk:

Joe Wickline is a genius.  I cannot believe what he has managed to do with an offensive line full of scrubs and converted defensive linemen.  But it was sort of sad when the 'Neers loaded the box and dared Texas and Swoopes to beat their dudes one on one and they failed.  I mean it was expected but still sad.  Swoopes is not taking advantage of this opportunity, Heard is going to beat him out in the offseason.

QuoteWell Steers vs. Neers tomorrow Spicey.  I hope Strong's boys can keep it within 30.

They did manage to do that thanks to Swoopes  :mad:

Anyway I think WV was down after losing that tough one to TCU which eliminated them from conference title consideration.  Still monstrous win, first home win over a ranked team since 2008.  This sets up a monstrous game at Oklahoma State next week.  Texas wins that and they have a chance at a winning season!

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

I keep accidentally calling Armanti Foreman Eric Foreman.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2014, 10:57:20 PM
I keep accidentally calling Armanti Foreman Eric Foreman.

After Topher Grace or Omar Epps?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2014, 10:48:38 PM
Joe Wickline is a genius.  I cannot believe what he has managed to do with an offensive line full of scrubs and converted defensive linemen.  But it was sort of sad when the 'Neers loaded the box and dared Texas and Swoopes to beat their dudes one on one and they failed.  I mean it was expected but still sad.  Swoopes is not taking advantage of this opportunity, Heard is going to beat him out in the offseason.

Swoopes has a little Rex Grossman to him: When in doubt, fuck it go deep. 

sbr