News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 18, 2014, 06:06:58 PM
Goodbye couch! :punk:  :Canuck:

Don't you feel just a bit of remorse for WV ruining Baylor's playoff chances you monster :angry:

:P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Wyoming lost on homecoming.  The season was never going to be good, but it has gotten bad really, really fast.

Sure some of you get to root for teams that have bad years now and then, rebuilding times that turn around.  Wyoming fans get bad teams year after year, heartbreaking losses (like today, hitting the upright on a last second chance to win then the game goes to OT for a loss), and the occasional slightly above mediocre year.

Wyoming has won 2 bowl games since 1966.  They have been to 8 in that time.  8 good seasons since the year I was born.  Jesus, it is hard to be a fan.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

Quote from: PDH on October 18, 2014, 06:47:52 PM
Wyoming lost on homecoming.  The season was never going to be good, but it has gotten bad really, really fast.

Sure some of you get to root for teams that have bad years now and then, rebuilding times that turn around.  Wyoming fans get bad teams year after year, heartbreaking losses (like today, hitting the upright on a last second chance to win then the game goes to OT for a loss), and the occasional slightly above mediocre year.

Wyoming has won 2 bowl games since 1966.  They have been to 8 in that time.  8 good seasons since the year I was born.  Jesus, it is hard to be a fan.

Always remember it could be worse. You could be a fan of one of those schools that squeezes their testicles during games.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Speaking of homecoming...Florida invited Missouri to theirs....they have given up only 121 yards to Missouri and forced a turnover at this point in the 4th quarter....but are losing 42-7.  :lol:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Eddie Teach

Missouri's QB went 6/18 for 20 yards and one interception. He seemed to have respectable numbers up until last week.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

They just have to do it the Boise State and Fresno State way:  get a coach who is willing to play anybody anytime anywhere, willing to be the road warriors and tune ups of elite schools for a few seasons as the program's profile slowly rises.  Then the kids that Wyoming needs to win consistently will come.

CountDeMoney

Ugh, I know Brian Kelly coaches offensive pass interference to look better than that! 

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

That was weird I was half way through my ND fight song rendition when I looked up and they were back on the 18.  Ah well nice try Northern Based Team.  Florida State's drive to the playoff looks clear now.

Valmy

Ok so I kind of predicted Texas was going to roll now that its offense was going and its defense had been mighty.  But then they gave up 500+ yards to Iowa State and barely won 48-45.  Look I know I am pretty clueless about football but I never thought I was that clueless.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on October 18, 2014, 11:28:08 PM
Ok so I kind of predicted Texas was going to roll now that its offense was going and its defense had been mighty.  But then they gave up 500+ yards to Iowa State and barely won 48-45.  Look I know I am pretty clueless about football but I never thought I was that clueless.

We are in new age college football now. You almost need to divide scores by 2 to get the equivalent score from when you were a kid.

Eddie Teach

That's good for the Aggies, means they kept it within 30.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 18, 2014, 10:56:24 PM
Ugh, I know Brian Kelly coaches offensive pass interference to look better than that!

I think it looked worse than it was. FSU was trying to jam the receiver at the line, and obviously he had no interest to avoid the jam. The pass was barely ahead of the line of scrimmage--it is too bad it was as then you can block downfield legally.