Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Lolz at USC and UCLA is losing to Utes.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2014, 10:10:07 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 04, 2014, 10:04:58 PM
Notre Dame -> Catholic -> buttfuck prepubescent boys  :huh:

Oh gotcha.  After Penn State it is hard to know whether you were being literal or not.

I think this is a good point. Remember when Miami and Penn State played in the Fiesta Bowl? Even today the game is remembered in good versus evil terms, with the thug Hurricanes wearing camo and sabotaging some of the pre game festivities. But you know what? That was all bullshit. Miami may not have conformed to what the college world of the time wanted, but in hindsight they were the good guys. Penn State was an evil beyond what most imagined possible in college football.

Eventually Miami was beaten down/stupid enough to try to conform to the "good guy" image the rest of college football. So what did they do? They went right to the supposed source of traditional virtue that the college football establishment put on a pedestal: a former Penn State player and coach, who played for Sandusky and coached for Paterno, Al Golden.

Fuck Al Golden and his stupid ass tie on the sideline. If he wants to play dress up, he should at least look up Schnellenberger.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

After the 1991 Cotton Bowl Miami can go 0-12 every year forever.  Serves them right.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

So today, a most glorious day of college football, with upsets all over the place, and a dramatic ND win over a quality opponent, went like this:

-I worked all day
-I went to the Miami game, meaning while I could have caught the second half of the ND game, I didn't get to as I was going to the stadium.
-I watched Al Golden take a team full of solid South Florida talent lose to a Paul Johnson team that can't convince anyone worth a damn to come to an engineering school with a half dozen coeds enrolled and play in a high school offense.
-I didn't get to see any other games today.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on October 04, 2014, 11:26:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2014, 10:10:07 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 04, 2014, 10:04:58 PM
Notre Dame -> Catholic -> buttfuck prepubescent boys  :huh:

Oh gotcha.  After Penn State it is hard to know whether you were being literal or not.

I think this is a good point. Remember when Miami and Penn State played in the Fiesta Bowl? Even today the game is remembered in good versus evil terms, with the thug Hurricanes wearing camo and sabotaging some of the pre game festivities. But you know what? That was all bullshit. Miami may not have conformed to what the college world of the time wanted, but in hindsight they were the good guys. Penn State was an evil beyond what most imagined possible in college football.

Eventually Miami was beaten down/stupid enough to try to conform to the "good guy" image the rest of college football. So what did they do? They went right to the supposed source of traditional virtue that the college football establishment put on a pedestal: a former Penn State player and coach, who played for Sandusky and coached for Paterno, Al Golden.

Fuck Al Golden and his stupid ass tie on the sideline. If he wants to play dress up, he should at least look up Schnellenberger.

You say it's a good point, and then you write something totally unrelated.  It's as if you aged your  post.

katmai

Wazzu qb threw for 734 yds and the totaled 812 yds only to lose 60-59 to California who now leads Pac-12 North. :lol:

Berkut

Suddenly Arizona beating Cal doesn't look like such a bad win anymore...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Rasputin

Quote from: Scipio on October 04, 2014, 11:15:13 PM
Frankly, I don't know what all the fuss is about. Down here in Mississippi, the weather is perfect, the women are beautiful, and the beer is cheap.

Biggest day in the history of the state of Mississippi that doesn't involve Ulysses grant or the national guard!
Who is John Galt?

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on October 05, 2014, 06:39:21 AM
Uh it was Wazzu Berk :P

Not about waz u, it is about Cal being 4-1 now overall.

0 rows returned

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 05, 2014, 12:59:52 AM
You say it's a good point, and then you write something totally unrelated.  It's as if you aged your  post.

I agree. To expand on what you are saying, there a few things that should be changed to make attending college football games less annoying.

1) Alcohol sales should be allowed everywhere. I know most schools don't allow this, but Miami does (or at least has until recently, haven't been to a home game in a few years), and it makes a much better atmosphere.

2) I've sort of come to accept that people will yell at you to sit down if you stand up all game. But I don't want to sit down, and I know lots of people don't want to either. There should be sections for fans that want to stand. (for what its worth, at the old Orange Bowl there used to be an area like this, but it got broken up when Miami moved to the new stadium).

3) No more TV timeouts, and bring back the old clock rules (lol, never going to happen).

4) I've made peace with uniform changes. But I think they are counterproductive. Tradition is probably the best selling point to fans, and one of the best to recruits (depending on the school), and rather than capitalizing on that by coming out in a uniform reminiscent of the old glory days, you come out in some butt ugly uniform designed by the B team at Nike/Adidas/Whoever. I'm not sure if some of them are actually designed at all—they may be random color combinations thrown together by a computer program. Jersey sales are negligible sources of revenue anyway, and it seems most fans are buying the throwbacks and more traditional designs. 

5) College football was better when Miami didn't lose all the time.

CountDeMoney

I would hope, in some twist of fate, that you and Shane Conlan are both convicted of separate crimes at the exact same time and sent to the same prison to be cell mates so, over the course of many years, he can rape you.

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 05, 2014, 01:00:08 PM
I would hope, in some twist of fate, that you and Shane Conlan are both convicted of separate crimes at the exact same time and sent to the same prison to be cell mates so, over the course of many years, he can rape you.

The guy was Sandusky's understudy; I'm sure he would want to.

Berkut

Arizona makes the largest jump from UR in AP poll history, to #10.

0 rows returned

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on October 05, 2014, 06:11:16 PM
Arizona makes the largest jump from UR in AP poll history, to #10.
Unless there is an unwritten rule that a Big 10 team must at all times be ranked in the top 10, I'm confused how Michigan State is #8. They have played two opponents worth mentioning (in addition to Wyoming of course): and lost to Oregon and barely beat Nebraska.

Also it feels like overkill to have 4 SEC West teams in the top 7, but I think that will sort itself out.