News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

There is no way anyway gets out of the Pac-12 this year undefeated.

If we've learned anything at all about the Pac-12 it is that the bad teams are pretty good, and the great teams aren't as great as they thought.

The parity level is almost ridiculous.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2014, 02:04:27 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 03, 2014, 02:03:02 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2014, 01:45:26 PM
Yeah, I know.

But there are 4 spots and 5 power conferences. I don't think the Pac-12 is going to end up without one of those spots one way or another.

We really need an 8 team playoff. Each power conference gets a bid, and then three at large.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the (financially)weaker of the power conferences dissolves and it resolves itself naturally. We fixed the glitch.

Impossible.  The conference are all too big as it is.  Where would all those schools go?

I don't know, but there is a bit of a size mismatch even in the five conferences. Bringing them all up to 14 each in four conferences would only leave like two or three teams out in the cold.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Berkut

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 03, 2014, 02:21:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2014, 02:04:27 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 03, 2014, 02:03:02 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2014, 01:45:26 PM
Yeah, I know.

But there are 4 spots and 5 power conferences. I don't think the Pac-12 is going to end up without one of those spots one way or another.

We really need an 8 team playoff. Each power conference gets a bid, and then three at large.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the (financially)weaker of the power conferences dissolves and it resolves itself naturally. We fixed the glitch.

Impossible.  The conference are all too big as it is.  Where would all those schools go?

I don't know, but there is a bit of a size mismatch even in the five conferences. Bringing them all up to 14 each in four conferences would only leave like two or three teams out in the cold.

...which is politically impossible to do. What conference commissioner would ever agree to such a thing?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Huh?  The Big 10, ACC, and SEC already have 14 teams (and the ACC has 15 if you count Notre Dame).  Eight would get left out.

And 14 is an upper limit.  Those conferences are stupid big, like they hardly ever play a lot of their conference mates.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2014, 02:26:30 PM
...which is politically impossible to do. What conference commissioner would ever agree to such a thing?
A conference commissioner brought in to do just that?

But I agree that it won't happen.  Costs would skyrocket, and thus profits plummet.  Who in the current ACC (which is, I believe, the wekaest conference financially, though that may have changed) would agree to play in the Pac-12 to bring them up to 14 teams?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

My prediction is that Arizona get's ranked 26th;  it would be 25th, but the mere presence of Notre Dame will be the one reason they're pushed off the radar. 

Ed Anger

Maryland got a proper introduction to the Big 10. Snap snap fags.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Nice one from the Other Bulldogs.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2014, 02:30:51 PM
Nice one from the Other Bulldogs.

I haven't seen the vaunted offensive line of A&M get this whipped since the pre-Sherman days.  That does not bode well for Sumlin moving forwards.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 04, 2014, 02:26:37 PM
Maryland got a proper introduction to the Big 10. Snap snap fags.

Enjoy it while it lasts, before Mrs. Meyer finds out about Little Miss Buckeye Dance Team.

katmai

Down goes Alabama, down goes Oklahoma, 2,3,4 all lose this week?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Maybe now people will take Notre Dame seriously.  :mad:

Valmy

Good day for TCU and Baylor, bad day for Texas and Texas A&M.  The state is being turned upside down.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2014, 06:34:12 PM
woah let's not get carried away
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2014, 06:34:12 PM

Not until they beat Florida State.