News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Michigan managed 171 yards of offense.

I think it is important for the 49ers to win lots of games this year to prevent Harbaugh from going to Michigan. Also, it is important for Michigan to really suck this year, because this seems to be the best opportunity in a generation to laugh at Michigan football.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Savonarola

Quote from: alfred russel on September 28, 2014, 12:35:05 AM

I think it is important for the 49ers to win lots of games this year to prevent Harbaugh from going to Michigan. Also, it is important for Michigan to really suck this year, because this seems to be the best opportunity in a generation to laugh at Michigan football.

Well, the best opportunity since 2008.  This team might not be good, but I think they could beat Toledo.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

PDH

Wyoming lost a close one at Michigan State 56-14.  The plucky guys went in on the Spartan Homecoming and nearly pulled off the upset.  In fact, the game was tied for most of the morning before kickoff.

Well, at least that paid for the new turf in War Memorial Stadium.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2014, 05:44:02 PM
Who knew Maryland would be the juggernaut to save the Big 10?

Ed, grumbler:  your conference sucks donkey assballs.
I said that two weeks ago!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Savonarola on September 28, 2014, 06:07:27 AM

Well, the best opportunity since 2008.  This team might not be good, but I think they could beat Toledo.
2008 was always going to be a rebuilding year, and the inept offense that year was wholly predictable, what with the starters being a walkon and a transfer who'd never played a snap.

2014 is a complete mystery.  They suck so hard, and yet this is year four of the second "rebuilding project."  They have a redshirt senior QB who was a five-star recruit and who played at the end of last year like he was ready for the pros.  This year, that same guy is a complete wreck, and the backup (also a 5-star recruit) is much, much worse.

No, this is the Year of Infinite Pain.  Soon, analysts will be comparing Michigan to Miami (FL), and the humiliation will be complete.

As far as Harbaugh is concerned, no record will keep him with the 49ers - too much bad blood there.  But he's not going back to college next year, not even if the Michigan job opens up. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on September 28, 2014, 10:27:22 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2014, 05:44:02 PM
Who knew Maryland would be the juggernaut to save the Big 10?

Ed, grumbler:  your conference sucks donkey assballs.
I said that two weeks ago!  :lol:

Yeah, but I wasn't sold until now.  Yikes.

Ed Anger

Hoke made the evening national news for keeping that QB out there. The chick anchor tsk tsk'ed after the story.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I think it is important for the 49ers to win lots of games this year to prevent Harbaugh from going to Michigan.

Wrong Harbaugh.  :unsure:

QuoteMichigan interested in Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000401567/article/michigan-interested-in-john-harbaugh

the Wolverines would prefer John over brother Jim Harbaugh, the San Francisco 49ers coach who once quarterbacked the Wolverines, because he is viewed as more of a long-term option.

:unsure:

Valmy

Both brothers told Texas to shove off, I wonder if it will be different for Big Blue.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2014, 07:01:42 PM
Both brothers told Texas to shove off, I wonder if it will be different for Big Blue.

Jim played there...not sure why it would be different for John, unless he thought he was threatened with being fired (after a 3-1 start that doesn't seem so likely).

Probably, this is another situation where some elements of a college program (maybe just its fans) has deluded itself into thinking it is somehow such a premier college job it can bring in a top tier NFL coach. It would be fun to laugh at Michigan if this didn't happen at every single school worth a damn. In the end, most programs end up taking a successful coach from a lesser program like San Diego State, Louisville, Cincinnati, Temple, etc. or a coordinator from a top program or the NFL.

Charlie Weis just got fired by Kansas. I imagine the press conference:

First Question: What led you to the decision?
AD's Answer: It was a combination of factors that led us to terminate Coach Weis, such as...
Questioner Interrupts: No, I meant what led you to hire him? We all know why he should be fired.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Apparently, Jim's not just a raving psychopath during games;  he's been rubbing the team the wrong way with crazy shit like banning card playing on team flights.

MadBurgerMaker

Charlie Weis was apparently talking about how dangerous Joe Bergeron is and how they need to account for him.  Last week.

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2014, 07:01:42 PM

It might if they actually ask, unlike Texas.

Berkut

Why would Harbaugh want to leave the Niners? What did I miss?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 28, 2014, 08:14:51 PM
Why would Harbaugh want to leave the Niners? What did I miss?

Rumors his relationship is bad there and money.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."