News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Still doesnt change the fact Arizona's in the thug transfer market.

Berkut's smug sense of moral superiority: diminished.

derspiess

I enjoy this.  Please do continue.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 19, 2014, 02:09:32 PM
Still doesnt change the fact Arizona's in the thug transfer market.

The same market every D1 school is in, I am guessing.

Berkut's smug sense of moral superiority: diminished.

Feeling morally superior to you is based entirely on your slobbering all over a guy who murdered two people or helped someone get away with murdering two people. And since....yep, that is still true...my sense of moral superiority over Raven's fans is still intact.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 19, 2014, 02:32:03 PM
I enjoy this.  Please do continue.

Lulz, Bengals fan.

Just wait until the video comes out of Berkut's wife knocking him the fuck out in an elevator.

Berkut

The best part would be watching her trying to drag me out of the elevator...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 19, 2014, 10:01:03 AM
He was charged with felony aggravated assault due to the injuries he caused. They later decided the injuries weren't sufficient for a felony, which is interesting since he broke his jaw, and reduced it to misdemeanor assault.  He had/has to meet some sort of requirements, I don't remember specifically what they were, or they'd toss him in jail for a year.  Affidavit said it was unprovoked, and he had previously threatened the guy he attacked specifically because of this girl. 

From when it happened:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/texas-wr-cayleb-jones-charged-with-felony-assault/
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2013/3/12/4095736/texas-longhorns-wr-cayleb-jones-aggravated-assault-tennis-player

It's good that he has apparently gotten his shit together and is doing well, but there was no way he should have still been at Texas after that.  You just can't have football players going crazy and putting other scholarship athletes in the hospital because their ex girlfriend is hanging around with them.

E:  It was a pretty big deal down this way in Longhorn-land, since he was a bigtime recruit and how it all happened.  Can't believe he took out a damn tennis player over a damn volleyball player.

Any actual evidence?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

MadBurgerMaker

Raining a little bit for the USF - UCONN game.

Eddie Teach

Georgia crushes the Trojans! Well, the real ones from Troy, not the ones from Southern California...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 20, 2014, 02:21:47 PM
Georgia crushes the Trojans! Well, the real ones from Troy, not the ones from Southern California...

Looks like Achilles had some 65+ kills.  What a heel.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

He was enraged because Steve Spurrier absconded with Briseis.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Michigan looking really sloppy right now...
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PDH

Wyoming completely curbstomped the might Owls of Florida Atlantic 20-19.

All in all it was an excellent display of poor play calling and lucky breaks for Wyoming.  As someone on the Wyoming board mentions, the game ball smells like shit because Wyoming pulled it out of their ass.

FAU fumbled on 1st and 10 from the 10 yard line with 2 minutes left.  All they needed to do was kneel down three times and kick a field goal.  Wyoming then threw an 85 yard pass and ran the clock down to kick the winning FG.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 20, 2014, 05:03:08 PM
Michigan looking really sloppy right now...

Really shitty playcalling, and some mental breakdowns by players.  With this game, Hoke has lost me.  If he can't beat Utah, there isn't a game left on the schedule that isn't a tossup at best.  Time for a change.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

So after taking first half off, UDub is now up 28-14 on Georgia St.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son