News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

I wouldn't shed a tear if a nuclear warhead erased columbus from the map, but that is a bullshit scandal. "Excessive drinking" on a college campus? LOL. A "sexualized" culture that doesn't apparently involve sex or even nudity (aside from a flying 69, whatever that is)? Even more LOL.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

This must have been the band camp Alyson Hannigan attended.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

So, Seedy, are you torn by the fact that Ralpie-boy is going to be on the opposite sidelines for the Rutgers game this fall?  I know Friedgen was a favorite of yours at Maryland (as he was one of mine) and it is weird that a coach gets fired in the same season he wins a conference coach of the year award, but do you forgive his "I burned my diploma" act and his decision to coach for a conference foe?

I am torn on this one.  I like the guy, but don't much like Rutgers and wish they and the Terps well....

... away from the Big Ten.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Much less funny: The two shitheels who got arrested and thrown off the team for sexually assaulting a student.

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 25, 2014, 07:01:39 PM
Much less funny: The two shitheels who got arrested and thrown off the team for sexually assaulting a student.
I wasn't gonna even go there.  5 Texas players kicked off the team for various reasons  (plus one medical) in the last 48 hours.  Bad couple of days for Texas football, but it happens,  especially when you scoff at this kind of thing like alfred russel does.

*LOL  excessive drinking on road trips that leads to sexual assaults?  LOL LOL*

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on July 25, 2014, 06:11:01 PM
Okay, that's funny: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-sports-minute/longhorns-misspell--texas--in-their-2014-football-media-guide-041956080.html

Far less embarrassing than the LBJ school printing up tons of 'LBJ School of Pubic Affairs' programs.

UT Printing Services.  Always doing us proud.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on July 25, 2014, 07:36:53 PM
Bad couple of days for Texas football, but it happens,

I was bummed to see these guys all fall on their asses and act like punks but proud to see Strong deal with it like this. 

Valmy

Did you read the affidavit?  Fuck those guys man.  I always thought Sanders was a bit of a tool but nothing like that.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2014, 07:55:40 PM
Bad couple of days for Texas football, but it happens,

I was bummed to see these guys all fall on their asses and act like punks but proud to see Strong deal with it like this.

Agreed.  At Ohio things might have been different, but these guys chose Texas and Strong has taken a stand.  Good for him.

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

I wasn't gonna even go there.  5 Texas players kicked off the team for various reasons  (plus one medical) in the last 48 hours.  Bad couple of days for Texas football, but it happens,  especially when you scoff at this kind of thing like alfred russel does.

Don't be a dipshit all the time, I didn't and don't scoff at sexual assault.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

MadBurgerMaker

It's up to eight (e: 8 for disciplinary reasons, 9 including Kendall Thompson), since Strong started, I think.  Rumors are the most recent set (the ones who aren't going to prison, that is) popped on random drug tests.

QuoteDid you read the affidavit?  Fuck those guys man.  I always thought Sanders was a bit of a tool but nothing like that.

I didn't read it, no.  Just caught the gist of it from an AAS article.  Consensual sex, then Sanders comes rolling in and they both assault her. 

grumbler

Aw, isn't this cute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoaiFPHEZ2Q

Sam Gordon, last year's internet star as a fifth-grade football player in SLC, attended the Michigan Youth Football Camp this summer, and made (well, her dad did) this video.

Commence the comments about how she is better than the school's current players.  I do have to admit that she'd probably be an upgrade on the offensive line...

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

I think we learned the true nature of the michigan coaching staff in that video. She was assigned to the skins team because the coaches "forgot" she had to wear a shirt? More likely she was invited to the camp as a ploy to see a way underage girl without a shirt on.