News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior

Started by Syt, April 09, 2014, 02:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Ultimate Warrior had by far the best promo videos.  They just plain unnerved me as a lad:  the stream of consciousness, invocation of "the gods," vague challenges to make extreme sacrifices and/or crash a plane -- it was a bit too heady for my disposition.  But coming back to them on YouTube as an adult has been great.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on April 10, 2014, 08:23:50 AM
Ah, apologies. I took your post to be genuine disgust for the performer himself.

My disgust is reserved for the entertainment, not the entertainer.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Man, in the late 90's when I was working nights, Monday night wrestling was about the only thing that kept us sane.

Sure we could have worked, but we'd rather watch Kevin Nash toss small Mexicans into trailers.

NWO FUCKERS
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2014, 08:32:12 AM
Man, in the late 90's when I was working nights, Monday night wrestling was about the only thing that kept us sane.

Sure we could have worked, but we'd rather watch Kevin Nash toss small Mexicans into trailers.

NWO FUCKERS

I am trying to imagine a job so shitty that watching "professional" wrestling would be a better alternative.  My imagination fails.  Sorry you had to go through that. :console:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 10, 2014, 08:27:15 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Ultimate Warrior had by far the best promo videos.  They just plain unnerved me as a lad:  the stream of consciousness, invocation of "the gods," vague challenges to make extreme sacrifices and/or crash a plane -- it was a bit too heady for my disposition.  But coming back to them on YouTube as an adult has been great.

That was because the guy was half crazy. Later he branched out to motivational speaking and paleoconservatism ranting.