News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The DG Skills Set Audit Thread.

Started by mongers, April 05, 2014, 10:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Not about DG, but what skills, useful or otherwise are you aware of other Languishites having?

Do we have enough together to build a RL 'community'?  :hmm:

Clearly people like 11B4V have a lot of useful skills and knowledge, our various high powered law-talkers can persuade a paraplegic donkey to walk again and Capt. Mal. has unusually 'developed' narcotic skills, but what about the rest of us?

edit:
I should add, I've reached the age were I now know I'm useless at the vast majority of things.  :bowler:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

As far as I can tell I have no discernible talents or marketable skills.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2014, 10:26:08 AM

You could be an interviewer on the news.  :cool:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on April 05, 2014, 10:04:56 AM
Clearly people like 11B4V have a lot of useful skills and knowledge,

Yes, it is incredibly skillful to keep a rebuilt Dodge transmission spread out in the garage for 4 years.   :P

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 05, 2014, 10:41:25 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 05, 2014, 10:04:56 AM
Clearly people like 11B4V have a lot of useful skills and knowledge,

Yes, it is incredibly skillful to keep a rebuilt Dodge transmission spread out in the garage for 4 years.   :P

:D

DGuller

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2014, 10:26:08 AM

You have mad skills.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

mongers

The Brain

Quote from: mongers on April 05, 2014, 11:05:14 AM
Quote from: The Brain on April 05, 2014, 11:00:56 AM
I have marketable skills. :)

Cattle market or general livestocks sales?

I am a published nuclear physicist. Do I deserve this?

Monoriu

I can use a microwave (reheat only).  I know how to refuel a car (but not how to change the oil).

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

dps

I think that several of us can cook.  To build a RL community, that would be a very useful thing, though its utility would be increased if any of us could farm or hunt worth a dang.  I think that some of us do do some hunting, but I have no idea if any of us are actually good at it.  And AFAIK, we don't have any farmers.  (I think someone (PDH?) once mentioned something about helping with his father's farm, but I figured he meant he was going to do the bookkeeping or somesuch, not actually grow food,

alfred russel

Am I the best distance runner, at least right now and among active participants?

There is good competition for best cyclist. Maladict? PDH? Mongers?

Even though I'm not so experienced and generally suck, am I the best mountain climber? Or does Zanza have me beat?  :ph34r:

There are a few accountants. We could have an accounting-off to determine the best accountant, but that might drive some of our less stable posters to suicide.

The best lawyer has even more competition. So does the best gay.

Some things are easy to identify who is best. Meri is the best mom. Brazen the best journalist. PDH the best college instructor. Katmai the best cameraman. Brain the best nuclear physicist.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014