Tracksuit Fashion

Areas of Established DGuller Ignorance:
How to Pump Gas
How to Change a Tire
Other Automotive Topics
English Pronunciation
Responsible Blueberry Consumption
What a decent hamburger tastes like
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 04, 2014, 11:50:56 PM
Army wives of deployed soldiers are notorious cheaters. Suicide fits the Army Code better than murdering her.

Army stronk?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2014, 10:09:05 PM
Happens after every war.  What is there to do about it?
Don't fight useless wars like Iraq, Afghanistan or Vietnam?

DGuller

This is a thread about our hero veterans being abandoned, not a DGuller roast thread.  Have you people got no shame?  :mad:

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2014, 09:08:22 AM
This is a thread about our hero veterans being abandoned, not a DGuller roast thread.  Have you people got no shame?  :mad:

Yeah it's outrageous.   <_<

It deserves a  separate thread.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 04, 2014, 11:56:08 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 03, 2014, 09:28:34 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 03, 2014, 09:04:23 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 03, 2014, 08:46:01 PM

Bah!  That was just a lucky guess!

It is almost as though DGuller speaks wisely on statistics.  :hmm:

In summary:
Areas of Established DGuller Expertise:
Statistics
Probability
Tracksuit Fashion

Areas of Established DGuller Ignorance:
How to Pump Gas
How to Change a Tire
Other Automotive Topics
English Pronunciation
Responsible Blueberry Consumption
What a decent hamburger tastes like
How to keep a secret

I forgot.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

:rolleyes: That's a bit low, Dorsey.  Every secret has an implicit out clause, where your commitment to not divulge it is superseded by other considerations, and where the conditions under which you made the commitment change radically.  Divulging a secret to someone shouldn't make them a permanent accomplice to all your future deception.  I think I kept you secret for long enough for everyone else to stop caring about it, and then some.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Zanza on April 05, 2014, 02:53:19 AM

Yeah once all the WWII veterans are dead and no one still remembers the Holocaust I'll listen to a member of history's most evil race when it comes to what wars we should or shouldn't fight.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2014, 10:21:11 AM
:rolleyes: That's a bit low, Dorsey.  Every secret has an implicit out clause, where your commitment to not divulge it is superseded by other considerations, and where the conditions under which you made the commitment change radically.  Divulging a secret to someone shouldn't make them a permanent accomplice to all your future deception.  I think I kept you secret for long enough for everyone else to stop caring about it, and then some.

Well this secret didn't have that implicit out clause, as I clearly implied.  :P

Also, I don't know that conditions ever really changed all that much; I just kept the thing going for 9 years. And I think some people did care. See my sig, garbon doesn't like me now.

Lettow was able to keep the secret. I didn't tell him I was Dorsey, but he knew things were not on the up and up when we met.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on April 05, 2014, 11:18:32 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2014, 10:21:11 AM

Well this secret didn't have that implicit out clause, as I clearly implied.  :P

Also, I don't know that conditions ever really changed all that much; I just kept the thing going for 9 years. And I think some people did care. See my sig, garbon doesn't like me now.

Lettow was able to keep the secret. I didn't tell him I was Dorsey, but he knew things were not on the up and up when we met.
Dude, you got into the Back Room under false identity, clearly a significant development on the conditions that existed 8 years ago.  I made no promise to passively facilitate your infiltration of a private forum.  If you don't see how me maintaining your secret would violate the trust of a whole bunch of other people, then there is really nothing that I can say.

Every secret has a scope.  If I were testifying in court under oath, and a question came up about the true identity of alfred russel, I would probably not keep your secret either in that situation.  I think I have a pretty long track record of keeping your secret when it's being kept within the scope, Lettow didn't know your identity for 7 years.

The Brain

Dude is fighting some serious inner demons here. I'm impressed that he manages to switch accounts for the replies.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on April 05, 2014, 11:40:46 AM
Dude is fighting some serious inner demons here. I'm impressed that he manages to switch accounts for the replies.

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 05, 2014, 10:23:27 AM
Quote from: Zanza on April 05, 2014, 02:53:19 AM

Yeah once all the WWII veterans are dead and no one still remembers the Holocaust I'll listen to a member of history's most evil race when it comes to what wars we should or shouldn't fight.

And Otto nukes Berlin.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive