News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Stoltenberg new NATO chief

Started by Norgy, March 28, 2014, 02:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Neil on March 28, 2014, 03:07:46 PM
It seems like a nice sinecure.  Let's not kid ourselves though:  The US President is the leader of NATO.
Of course, but he still needs able managers. Stoltenberg seems to fit the bill.

Viking

Quote from: Legbiter on March 28, 2014, 03:20:03 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 28, 2014, 03:07:03 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on March 28, 2014, 03:02:28 PM
He's the most inoffensive mangina I can imagine but he should know a thing or 2 about how Russians roll.  :hmm: Which is what NATO needs right now.

well, did he learn that sucking up to russia over shtockman was bound to fail?

Wasn't that some joint-development gas deal with the Russkies that fell through?

Basically Helge Lund and Stoltenberg bend over backwards to suck russian dick to get a share of the field to feed gas to melkeøya gas terminal. Then, once statoil had planned out the deep sea operations he russians backed out and kept the plans. Then shale gas hit and the whole thing got cancelled, since the amreekans no longer needed gas.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Legbiter

Quote from: Viking on March 28, 2014, 03:24:12 PMBasically Helge Lund and Stoltenberg bend over backwards to suck russian dick to get a share of the field to feed gas to melkeøya gas terminal. Then, once statoil had planned out the deep sea operations he russians backed out and kept the plans. Then shale gas hit and the whole thing got cancelled, since the amreekans no longer needed gas.

So practical experience in how playing nice dosen't work on Russians.  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Norgy

Quote from: Viking on March 28, 2014, 03:16:46 PM
Quote from: Norgy on March 28, 2014, 03:12:30 PM
It seems like a nice sinecure.  Let's not kid ourselves though:  The US President is the leader of NATO.

True, and that's why Stoltenberg's ability to win friends and influence people might be a good thing. He won't decide much, just continue building. His father was a top-notch foreign minister.

Yeah, daddy really aced that Yugoslavia peace negotiation thing.

It didn't go well. We both are aware of that.  :)

Viking

Quote from: Legbiter on March 28, 2014, 03:29:16 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 28, 2014, 03:24:12 PMBasically Helge Lund and Stoltenberg bend over backwards to suck russian dick to get a share of the field to feed gas to melkeøya gas terminal. Then, once statoil had planned out the deep sea operations he russians backed out and kept the plans. Then shale gas hit and the whole thing got cancelled, since the amreekans no longer needed gas.

So practical experience in how playing nice dosen't work on Russians.  :lol:

one can only hope so

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Norgy on March 28, 2014, 03:29:34 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 28, 2014, 03:16:46 PM
Quote from: Norgy on March 28, 2014, 03:12:30 PM

True, and that's why Stoltenberg's ability to win friends and influence people might be a good thing. He won't decide much, just continue building. His father was a top-notch foreign minister.

Yeah, daddy really aced that Yugoslavia peace negotiation thing.

It didn't go well. We both are aware of that.  :)

well, here's hoping he sticks to arranging invitations and seating arrangements at the nato summits.

top tip, don't place the greeks next to the turks, or the danes next to the canadians.

Norgy

Fair enough. You don't like him. But a look at SIAN's Facebook group or just any random discussion makes the last sentence of your profile a blatant lie.
Just thought you'd like to know, since you are all about "facts".

Viking

Quote from: Norgy on March 28, 2014, 03:44:38 PM
Fair enough. You don't like him. But a look at SIAN's Facebook group or just any random discussion makes the last sentence of your profile a blatant lie.
Just thought you'd like to know, since you are all about "facts".

Never been to SIAN's facebook, but it seems you have.

Edit: I don't dislike him, I am eminently neutral about  him. He's so blatantly neutral and bland on everything without having passion, drive, ideas or values. He's a follower not a leader and he has steered the path of least resistance from the beginning. Personally I'd prefer he stayed on as AP leader long enough for somebody capable of replacing him. Right now it seems they are railroading Jonas Gahr Støre into the job. He's like Stoltenberg only without the organizational or political skills or nouse but with meetings with HAMAS on his resumé. Giske is the Tammany operator of Norwegian politics and a scumbag unlike any other, and he will prevail.

Sheilbh

I don't think I can support someone who used the slogan 'Jens we can'.
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 29, 2014, 01:43:05 AM
I don't think I can support someone who used the slogan 'Jens we can'.

It's pronounced Yens, if that helps...
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

When I read "Stoltenberg", my first thought is always the former minister president of Schleswig-Holstein and Federal German finance and defense minister, Gerhard Stoltenberg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerhard_Stoltenberg

"Politics must serve the people!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Guy can't take a dump without General Breedlove's permission anyway.  Who gives a shit who the secretary is, the SACEUR has all the juice.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Syt on March 29, 2014, 03:32:38 AM
When I read "Stoltenberg", my first thought is always the former minister president of Schleswig-Holstein and Federal German finance and defense minister, Gerhard Stoltenberg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerhard_Stoltenberg

Handsome fellow. :swiss:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)