News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Amazon Instant

Started by Sheilbh, March 27, 2014, 06:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Anyone else have problems watching stuff on this?

I used to have Lovefilm which had an absolutely fine streaming service. But now they've been taken over by Amazon and their service merged the new Amazon video just doesn't work.

If I try and watch anything on full-screen it has those momentary pauses every few seconds or so, even though it's apparently buffered. If I scroll down, or look at another tab or page, then return to the video the entire thing is black but still playing. I can't even pause it.

It's very frustrating because what I'd initially signed up for actually worked very well <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Nope no issues at all (apart from sometimes the subtitles being mis-synched or on one AbFab episode they had ones that belonged to another episode). I'd guess perhaps some growing pain issues as they sort out the UK service?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Yeah had no issues here in USA. Sorry Shelf.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Whats your browser? Try a different one.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Warspite

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

MadImmortalMan

Wife's been watching Prime on the SeXbox and nothing else recently. I have friends who are considering cancelling Netflix and just using Amazon.

Honestly, I didn't think it would take off but it seems to be.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Apparently they are now going to get some of the HBO catalog.

I like Prime as it includes free shipping too. Netflix on the other hand doesn't seem to have shaken off the taint of that earlier misstep of when they suggested splitting dvd and streaming services.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

It works fine on the PS3 but I still have problems with my laptop :ultra:

They've also got a really good selection of classic films now.
Let's bomb Russia!

sbr

My kids and I use my ex's Netflix login info to watch stuff here at our house.

Norgy

Quote from: sbr on April 29, 2014, 08:57:04 PM
My kids and I use my ex's Netflix login info to watch stuff here at our house.

Irrelevant, yet amusing. Kudos.

garbon

Until he cancelled it, just about everyone I know used my cousin's Hulu Plus login. Actually Amazon has a leg up there because you aren't as likely to share your Amazon password as that'd give people access to purchasing items with your account.